• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn signal cancel tab adjustment

DeutchTi

Any info on adjusting the metal ring tab to the 9 oclock position (74Tii). The tab currently sits at 7 oclock position only enabling one direction cancelling. I have searched and have only found means to adjust the whole blinker assembly to enabeling contacing tab with the white plastic pin.

74 2002Tii

73 2002 project

11 335d

I put the tab in the 9 o'clock position on my '74tii with the turn signal on the left hand side. On my '73 the tab is at 3 o'clock position because the turn signal is on the right hand side. When you rotate the tab into position, you need to push the white plastic piece outward slightly so that it rests against the metal tab.

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

On the pre'74's, you can adjust the turn signal switch with the steering wheel temporarily installed and the column covers removed.

Move the switch and secure the (2) screws.

pics11709023.jpg

Cancellation tab on back of MOMO hub

pics11709026.jpg

Right turn

pics11709021.jpg

Left turn

pics11709020.jpg

Middle position (no turn or lazy driver)

pics11709022.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• 6 years later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread from the dead. On a LH drive car does the cancel tab go at the 3 O'clock or the 9 O'clock position? In other words, should the tab be on the same side, or on the opposite side of the steering column from the turn signal stalk when steering wheel is in neutral position?

thanks!

M