• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 race prepped 2002---SOLD

Danny

Hello everyone,

I have a 1973 2002 that my father in law gave me, but I don't really need.

The car was originally built by Korman so it has the dog leg 5 speed conversion, koni coil overs, front and rear sway bars, urethane bushings everywhere, a roll cage and of course a built engine. My father in law raced the car quite a bit, and somehow ended up braking the crank. So, he sent the engine to Eric Kerman who rebuilt it. It has no more than 10 track days since, then the car sat for a few years, then I got it and I've never raced it. What I did was have the twin 40's rebuild by MWE as per Eric Kerman's reccomendation, put new plugs, wires, points, replaced every single bushing with urethane from Korman, changed transmission and rear end fluid and fixed the rust it had in the rear rocker panel. The car runs very well, I'm told the engine makes in the 140hp neighborhood. It has been always garaged, has no rust anywhere but is not perfect as you will see from the pictures. So, not a show car but definitely a good driver and a good track car to get your yayas out as my father in law says. The front brakes are from mid 70s 5 series, the rears are from a 320i. I'm looking to get $9000 for the car. I'm sure I'm missing a ton of relevant info, so feel free to ask.

Thanks for looking,

Danny

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

airhorn.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

Akkk!!

This seems like a pretty sweet deal. I'm a bit surprised (perhaps dismayed would be a better term) that a Korman / Kerman built motor with dual 40's only produces 140 HP. Then again, if that's measured at the wheel, it would be pretty respectable.

Can you provide specs on the head (type?), cam, valve sizing, crank, piston bore, flywheel weight, compression and leak down figures?

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

Unfortunatelly, I can't. The last time I spoke to Eric Kerman was last summer, and altough he remembers my father in law and the car, he didn't have the details you and I are looking for. According to my father in law, it has forged pistons, a cam, head work. The 140hp figure is from my father in law. As for leak down test, I haven't done one, nor do I have the tools to do it. Car does run perfectly fine, and you are welcome to do one should you be interested in it.

140hp is actually a pretty decent number for those mods.

looks like the front strut bar has some sort of integrated engine brace. can you provide a pic of it from a different angle.

i would get that fire bottle off the roll bar asap. that is a very dangerous place to hang it. instant heavy missle in an accident....at head level.....especially for the pax.

2xM3

140hp is actually a pretty decent number for those mods.

looks like the front strut bar has some sort of integrated engine brace. can you provide a pic of it from a different angle.

i would get that fire bottle off the roll bar asap. that is a very dangerous place to hang it. instant heavy missle in an accident....at head level.....especially for the pax.

here you go

DSC_0013-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...