• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can you recommend a replacement steering wheel ?

deschodt

I like my grant got a really wide grip with a nice size. I don't know the name but I think it's the gt model or a variation. Also I got a momo I'm not sure of the model but it's kind of like the 1 pictured above with the wood grain that was really nice but thinner and slightly slippery feeling from the laquer. I really like a wider steering wheel for control

post-2922-13667656126289_thumb.jpg

1971- 02-Malaga -(Ginger)- 2nd owner

1973-02- chamonix (sold)

pardon any grammatical errors in my posts, im probably on my cell phone.

I like my grant got a really wide grip with a nice size. I don't know the name but I think it's the gt model or a variation. Also I got a momo I'm not sure of the model but it's kind of like the 1 pictured above with the wood grain that was really nice but thinner and slightly slippery feeling from the laquer. I really like a wider steering wheel for control

I have a Grant GT in my 72 Volvo 1800ES that I really like as well

Earl

74 02Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

post-292-13667656127379_thumb.jpg

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

• 2 months later...
i have a 15" Moto Lita and love it!

Willi_017.jpg

JOE - Awesome Wheel. Can you share with me the part numbers for the wheel, the hub and where you found the horn button? From looking at your blog it looks like you got your wheel from Lenkradshop.de but I'd like to find a supplier closer to me here in the US. Thank you.

--> 1968 2002 <--

i have a 15" Moto Lita and love it!

Willi_017.jpg

JOE - Awesome Wheel. Can you share with me the part numbers for the wheel, the hub and where you found the horn button? From looking at your blog it looks like you got your wheel from Lenkradshop.de but I'd like to find a supplier closer to me here in the US. Thank you.

I'd like this information also. Would be nice for my '69 project.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

great to hear you like it!

the steering wheel is called Moto Lita Mk4 leather rim 15" thin slots custom

it's on the Moto-Lita page here: http://www.moto-lita.co.uk/our-products/your-car/your-options.aspx?CB_ID=7&CR_ID=65 at kit kar wheels

and the hub is a Momo S152,155

the horn button is one the guy at lenkradshop.de had lying around and gave me for free with the steering wheel.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Anyone know how to remove the stock steering wheel cap on a '75 2002?

Thanks

Derek

The center pad is held in place with 3 plastic "studs."  You slowly pry it off towards you from the perimeter.  Then you'll find the nut - 22 mm.

31.png

Edited by John_in_VA

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

Have always loved my Izumi. Thought it was thermoplastic until I came across this on a Z site:

The '240Z' ( actually, Fairlady Z, Fairlady Z-L, Fairlady 240Z, Fairlady 240Z-L, Fairlady 240ZG, Fairlady Z432 & Fairlady Z432-R steering wheel as well as all the different market models that the '240Z' name was stuck onto ) steering wheels were made by a Japanese company called 'Izumi', in the late Sixties utilising a new process that combined REAL WOOD with a resin, which was forced into a mould under extremely high pressure. The design team behind the S30-series Z, and in particular its Chief Designer Mr Yoshihiko Matsuo, pioneered this process with Izumi, only to find that it would become the victim of ever-tightening safety legislation.

post-41346-0-68646500-1410826761.jpg

post-41346-0-69436100-1410826776_thumb.j

Edited by 1972_Targa

Paul Huber

1972 2002 Baur Targa in Baikal & 1971 2002 Pickup in Silver/Surf

"The more you know, the less you need."

—Aboriginal Saying

• 1 month later...