• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Pedal To Floor

Mackay

RHD cars have a residual valve on the line that supplies the rear brakes(it is at the rear of the booster) . Due to our dual booster system our brake system is set up differently, there is no residual valve in the master cyl.All of our master cyls (std ,E12, E21) have two feed lines going in (from the resivour) and two metal lines going out .One line to each booster. One booster supplies 1 piston(each side) on the front and the other booster supplies the other front piston and the rears.I also think some of our master cyl diameters are different to the LHD cars.Maybe this has something to do with the extra booster.Must do some measurements one day to clarify this as well.The system I describe is what a lot of the RHD guys use when going boosterless in their race cars.I also dont know if there is a leverage difference between the top swung pedals of a RHD car and the floor mount of a LHD car.I suppose what may work on a RHD car may not necessarily work on a LHD car.

72/2002 Inca

72tii/2002 "Apple"

70/2002 "Five "

73/2002 "Freeda"

2007 Lotus 7 Replica

2011 Ford xr6 Ute

85 E30 325

70 1600-2 "Orange"

So where did we end up on newness of MC? If it is new, then I'd do a really thorough bleeding, including if possible the bench bleed. I've used pressure bleeder, but sometimes I think you need to a few good old pedal pumps to get bubbles loose.

AW Sheet!  Its new and was a royal pain to install.  One of the fittings was stripped but then replaced.  So it sounds like I need to start by filling it on the bench.  Now that being said, if its installed can I disconnect the top hoses, crack the fittings and fill accordingly? 

OR am I better off to remove, bench, then re-install? Also who makes a good pressure bleeder?

Really appreciate the help guys.

BTW, LHD

Edited by Koblenz

if it is already on, leave the reservoir fills connected, make sure the front of the car is up in the air so the the front of the MC is higher than the back, put pressure bleeder on, and crack the output fittings a bit to get the air out.  should not take much.  bench bleed best first step, but you should be able to get the air out this way.  (this is tim's "step one")

2xM3

"Motive" brand bleeder.  this is basically the hobby shop standard.  it is marketed under that name and several bmw parts houses sell it rebranded under their own name.  it is pretty inexpensive.  there are instructions out there for making your own, but it is cheaper and easier to just buy a Motive one.

2xM3