• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EFI Upgrade to Bosch LH 2.2 (From Volvo)

02Coastie

What kind of reference sensor does your car have? The 318i l-jet uses a 4 prong wheel in the distributor. If your car happens to have a 60-2 wheel, it'd be good for using lh2.4 which has tunable ignition.

What makes the lh2.2 easy is that the fueling only requires a pulse from the ignition coil to tell RPM.

• Like 1

the alfa romeo spider l jet uses 2 sensors, the upper on for the fuel injection the lower on for ignition.. these are on the flywheel,, a single pin triggers both.. i plan to use a stand alone igntion,,.. not a 60/2 type.. bmw 5/6 ser. carry the smae sensors on the flywheel..i have a 2.2 system off a 1986 volvo 240..

I ran MAF on my air-cooled and it ran so smooth and responsive, almost like a modern drive-by-wire system.

I know you said that you didn’t want to get into the Megasquirt learning curve but you may need to look into obtaining the MAF transfer function. Without this curve I suspect you will be constantly tuning to account for the change in ambients. Good luck.

Solche Fehler sind schon oft von Frisierpraktikern gemacht worden, die keine Ahnung von einer Ventilerhebungskurve hatten. -Ludwig Apfelbeck

• 4 years later...

I just finish my LH 2.2 swap today it is amazing. This post helped tons. It was pretty strait forward: go to junk yard get harness, relocate battery, remove carb, install 318 manifold. I had to extend the grey Coil - wire & extend the coolant temp wire, other than that the harness fit very well. My most challenging part was the throttle linkage. I used a sweet bracket I scored from tom at 02agian, and basically used brake cable I got from the bike store. The EFi is so much more responsive, my weber wasn't tuned very well, and it never would run when its cold outside. 

IMG_1065.JPG

IMG_1092.JPG