• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mudflaps?

Parkertii

so you have CITROEN logos on your BMW 02 mudflaps -

makes them kinda hard to sell. Wont fit CITROEN correctly,

and they have the wrong marque of car for a BMW ?

Whats a body to do.

I would brush paint the white chevrons with satin black paint

and call it a day.

While i appreciate your opinion, i do have to say i disagree with all your points. I can see how they look similar to a Citroen logo, but i tend to look at them from a point of view similar to Bueller's with the arrow signs in the twisties.

As far as them being hard to sell? If you look at many of the positive comments in this thread, it does seem to me that people (not including yourself) do actually like them. Not to mention someone has already offered to buy them at the top of this thread, and i haven't even mentioned selling, and dont plan to!

I bought these because they are somewhat unique and i like them, had i wanted black ones i would have bought a pair of black ones like all the somewhat common ones you tend to see from time to time, so why would i paint them black?

so what's a body to do?

keep them the way they are and call it a day! :)

1972 2002tii- Cannibalized

1985 318i- Retired

1974 2002tii- daily driver (summer)

1999 323 e46- daily driver (winter)

I assumed CDs note was meant to be tongue-in-cheek -- these are not Citroen chevrons. WEGU is high quality OEM supplier and those Chevrons are what they put on their own branded flaps which are often as desirable (sometimes more). They are OEM supplier for MB and perhaps even for BMW.

so you have CITROEN logos on your BMW 02 mudflaps -

makes them kinda hard to sell. Wont fit CITROEN correctly,

and they have the wrong marque of car for a BMW ?

Whats a body to do.

I would brush paint the white chevrons with satin black paint

and call it a day.

While i appreciate your opinion, i do have to say i disagree with all your points. I can see how they look similar to a Citroen logo, but i tend to look at them from a point of view similar to Bueller's with the arrow signs in the twisties.

As far as them being hard to sell? If you look at many of the positive comments in this thread, it does seem to me that people (not including yourself) do actually like them. Not to mention someone has already offered to buy them at the top of this thread, and i haven't even mentioned selling, and dont plan to!

I bought these because they are somewhat unique and i like them, had i wanted black ones i would have bought a pair of black ones like all the somewhat common ones you tend to see from time to time, so why would i paint them black?

so what's a body to do?

keep them the way they are and call it a day! :)

I got these from Cyprus:

post-19426-13667655825611_thumb.jpg

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com