• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

See what Paul Russell has for sale!!

73colorado02

What I noticed.

1/ Looks like new carpets as I would have thought they should be the early felt style that doesn't have edging around the pedals - why on such a low mileage car?

These are the early carpets - edging is correct.

2/ Front end suspension not been touched, control arm covered in oil, so probably all needs rebuilding. What else?

After 45 years the oil filled shocks have leaked. Replace them with Bilstein HDs after painting them black. Then clean up the leaked stuff.

3/ I don't know if it is a US thing, but I've never seen a '68 1600 without the sill trim and with black sills. The very early cars may be - like the press car and the gorgeous derby grey car in the US. Could be wrong.

For a short period of time very early on, there was no sill trim and the rockers were painted black. This detail is photo depicted in the owner's manual.

4/ Clear CV boots are a servicable item still available from the dealer - obviously just replaced as they stay clear for about 1000 miles!

Lovely car, but without seeing better pics I doubt that's original paint, and for the money I'd want the mileage verifiable and the suspension and brakes in factory condition.

The original owner of 36 years has verified the mileage. And, as incredible as it seems, the paint is quite original

Just a couple of centimes from this side of the pond.

Jim

Clear CV boots are remarkable. Never realized they were clear when new. The used ones I had were always milky white or tannish (and some were so hard that you could easily break off small parts from them).

ClayW's 67 had clear CV boots on it. Past tense. While bleeding the rear brakes in my driveway, Clay accidentally punctured the passenger side CV boot with a screwdriver. The brake bleeding exercise was successful, but I noted a pool of clear fluid under the car just as Clay was backing out of the driveway to head home. Upon quick inspection, it was the CV fluid that had leaked out of the clear boot. I believe Clay ended up replacing the entire rear axle and long neck diff for a shorty 2002 diff and rear end. Perhaps Clay still has one of the clear CV boots in his garage.

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”