• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should Go for Original Rain Gutter Trim or Try the New Stuff

justinevert

Traditional or New Style Rain Gutter Trim  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Traditional or New Style Rain Gutter Trim

• Suffer Like the Rest of Us
    • Be a Trail Blazer

Was able to get some fun(d)s together and itching to get some new gutter trim.

Is the new stuff all that is cracked up to be or do I want to stay painfully true to the original?

The original is away from any risk of damage, apart from the hood hitting it if that is misaligned.

The new stuff is right on the edge of the elements, besides wind, will get full exposure to the sunlight and heat of the car, think summer and would it start separating.

The question is not that we broke a few rules or took certain liberties with our female guests.

We did ;)

Charlie don't surf!!

Is this a generic replacement similar to the self adhesive chrome moulding people use to replace the waist moulding? Or is it a non-OEM pattern part that copies the original?

Got a link?

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Am I missing something? The raingutter trim is listed at Maximillian for $61.54/side.

51135450112 and 51135450113

That's a lot of money for two pieces of aluminum, yes, but $125 is not really that much in the grand scheme of things.

Andrew,

They are:-

51 13 1 803 359 and 360.

These are fragile for shipping, so best to get at your local BMW Dealer and use your BMWCC membership discount.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Am I missing something? The raingutter trim is listed at Maximillian for $61.54/side.

51135450112 and 51135450113

That's a lot of money for two pieces of aluminum, yes, but $125 is not really that much in the grand scheme of things.

Andrew,

They are:-

51 13 1 803 359 and 360.

These are fragile for shipping, so best to get at your local BMW Dealer and use your BMWCC membership discount.

I stand corrected! Max has them for $50 each. Classic BMW could probably come close to that. Justin, just buy them new!

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

• 3 months later...