• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEED ADVICE ON THIS PURCHASE THRU ONLY02 IN VEGAS

redphu72

Worth a closer look, be sure to do your due diligence.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Guest Anonymous

Seriously? That price is high. It's a nice 02 but not exactly original, and there are really nothing that sets it apart. Wheels and interior don't exactly blow me away.

PPI for sure. So let me know what's a fair price? I'm not looking for original just a good starter to upgrade later on.

Price may be on the high side. You should try to find some comparables. If I was in your shoes and the PPI was good, I would try to be in th $9-$10k range. Interior looks well sorted, exterior looks decent, trunk and under the hood look solid, but in need of a clean, minor sorting (cracked strut cap, dirty under the hood, drilled hole in the right rear shock tower). Of course all this is based on the limited pics you provided. Can't stress the value of a PPI enough to validate the condition.

70 M2 2.5L 

Guest Anonymous

6-6500 tops. Sorry but that's one man's opinion.

Driver's door gap looks strange. Engine dirty-ish. Trunk interior banged up. 320i wheels are wrong offset...with tires that are much to wide.

Non-stock steering wheel, carb, wheels, seats, etc. Who knows what else.

Remember, they made hundreds of thousands of these cars.

I've never seen one of Chris' cars in person, but his reputation is really good. My guess is that $10K is a fair deal and that you won't have any problems with the car.

The 5 speed, A/C, Recaros, suspension work and new(ish) interior all make this car worth the higher price. Chris' cars go for $15K-$20K on eBay.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

So I have two to choose from. My plan is to do an engine upgrade in the near future s14 or M2 engine and complete shave/paint. Which one is a better sample to start with?

Second car:

Tii: 10:1 pistons with a 121 head and a 284 Schrick copy cam (by Schneider). Combine that with a new Weber 38/38 carb, Tii struts and brakes, Bilsteins in the front and KYB in the back, sway bars, Recaro seats, a booming custom iPod-ready radiator (Remand 3 row core) with custom electric fan system;

Repairs: water pump; brake master cylinder; electric fuel pump (performance Facet solid state, moved to trunk); alternator; voltage regulator; new tires; and my favorite: I added a third seat belt in the back, which comes in handy when toting extra Little Leaguers around.

There's no rust to speak of (just a little bit on the driver's door and very minor dots here and there)

https://picasaweb.google.com/101677801386986688597/1975BMW2002?authkey=Gv1sRgCN6YlKuu-aiD2wE#