• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daniel Stern Lighting

Chamoix

I saw a post here recently about the benefits of switching the lighting system to a relay that included a link to Daniel Stern Lighting. The site is up, despite several attempts to contact them about kits the offer, have gotten no response. Anybody know if he is still in business? Have contact info?

'71 02 - parts car with not many parts left

'73 02 - weekend toy and money pit

'74 04 - sold in '91

'03 325iT - for trips and bad weather

'03 50cc Honda Scooter - for my 2 mile commute

'06 50cc Honda scooter - wife's commuter

I too had an unanswered email initially. I had sent the first one to:

products at danielsternlighting dot com

Then I sent one to:

tech at danielsternlighting dot com

And received an immediate, very thorough and helpful email. I will end up spending more money than I had originally anticipated, but the experience dealing with Daniel so far has been outstanding and I will have no doubts about my (very important!) lighting.

Shoot the same email to the second address and you should get somewhere.

1972 Verona tii - "Betty"

2002tiiRear.jpg

No offense intended but do you really need a "kit"? Just buy some relay and fuse holders, some wire of different colors, harness tape, and make your own harness. it's a trivally simple circuit. But yes, do put relays and fuses in for your headlights, the original wiring is really sketchy.

No offense intended but do you really need a "kit"? Just buy some relay and fuse holders, some wire of different colors, harness tape, and make your own harness. it's a trivally simple circuit. But yes, do put relays and fuses in for your headlights, the original wiring is really sketchy.

The relay kit is pretty cheap. The Cibe headlights are expensive. I may also try out the LED 3rd brake light.

1972 Verona tii - "Betty"

2002tiiRear.jpg

The other thing is that DS sells high quality stuff. That's not to say you couldn't get good stuff where you are, just that his stuff is top quality. The relays and related stuff are wonderful and not available at radio shack.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

I have installed his relay kit on my 93' Volvo 240. It works great. The parts Dan sends are of the best quality, his advice and knowledge are great. He can be a little flighty but be patient. He is worth it.

76 '02 owned 20 years.....project for the last 13. I should probably be faster than the rust I'm chasing.

Did you just accuse me of shopping at radioshack? ; )

No no no!

I would never openly accuse anyone of shopping at RS.

John

Do you guys still have your "free" battery cards?

They took mine away when I was fired from Radio Shack in 86.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

don't bash ' The Shack '

they will send some pro cyclists to hurt you

1970 Agave work in progress

Born on May 14 1970 and delivered May 19th 1970 to NYC to Hoffman Motor Corp. Agave code 071

new guy

help appreciated!

other cars: 1991 318is / 1999 540iT

I have left 2 messages with no response. Have the $$ to buy, and need to get parts what more does 2 parties want?

Try the email addy he has attached to his paypal account....bet he checks that one! dastern -- at -- torque -- dot -- net

I purchased some lightbulbs and received a lot of advice from Daniel last fall. I can tell you that for the amount of time he spent answering my questions, there is no way he could have made any money on my order. A good one man show egg and your patience will pay off.

--> 1968 2002 <--