• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74tii low idle at stop

raaf

Hi,

Daily driven, owned for 3 years (waayyy questionable background) tii...idle drops to *almost* stalling when decellerating for stop. The voltage warning light comes on too. Then the car kinda just bounces back and runs right at speed only to come close to stalling at the next stop. Car starts a little sluggish but otherwise normally. This has progressed over several months. I may have been a little lazy on this one.

Nothing has been changed recently.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

-- Raaf

Check plugs, points, dwell, and timing.

Check your throttle linkage for sloppiness. Fix.

Make sure your throttle and Injection pump are in synch -- download manual from Tii registry site.

Check your warmup regulator valve and check the gap as per the Kfish manual.

Set idle and CO screws per manual. Adjust timing and idle.

Byas

compression test

adjust valves - really!

fuel pressure test?

idle mixture (Co% + HC ppm) been adjusted ?

last time fuel filter replaced ?

how old is fuel pump ?

got ignition timing ?

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Thanks bnam and cd.

I'll work through each of those progressively. The car has always hovered in that state where it's been just plain reliable. Freeway and street driven everyday for 10-30 miles...but it has never consistently shown tii performance mostly because I've been content with blasting around in it - but tolerating choppy idle, lower mpg etc...

So it's time for me to run through it.

I haven't really dove into the mechanicals since I got it - beyond changing the fuel pump 2 years ago...so I'll have a bit of a learning curve. But I do have the blue books and this great forum so I should be ok.

Thanks again,

Raaf