• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tell me what you see...

shelby4130

Okay, I need your help ladies and gentlemen. I'm looking to purchase my second 02! I've been talking to the owner and everything seems cool. I'll likely go take a look this weekend but I wanted to get some opinions from other eyes if I could.

Now, I'm not new to these cars, but I surely haven't seen everything so let me know what you see!

Thanks!

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/2855002485.html

I´m sorry, but the only thing I can see is those giant bumpers..=) You americans almost turned a beautiful car into a Volvo..;)

Ola Gustafson
Sweden
-------------------
1975 Taiga Euro 2002 3685483 - Weber 38/38 DGMS - Pertronix Ignitor - H&R Cup Kit - TEP headers and Simons 2" sport exhaust - 3.91 LSD.

So, I drive my 02 daily, and my wife currently drives an 2001 E46. I figure this is a good time to trade while the value of the newer car sinks. She will be driving the auto.

She likes the idea, which is absolutely incredible for me. I've got to get AC in it though. Austin is about to get hot!

1. Has a tii brake booster. Nice upgrade.

2. Engine compartment looks relatively clean.

3. Interior looks great.

4. Nice seats.

5. Autotragic. Not a fan of these myself, but the larger trans tunnel makes the car a good candidate for a 5-spd swap, if that's more your speed.

6. Love Sahara.

7. Not sure whether $5200 is a reasonable price for this car. Gotta check out EVERYTHING, including:

a. Brakes

b. Compression and leak down on motor

c. Shocks and struts

d. Suspension bushings

e. Undercarriage--rust in the floor boards, rockers, etc.

If it drives like a 2002 should, and it makes you happy, I don't see anything wrong with buying it. Opinions may vary.

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

I never owned a automatic but wouldn't shy away from one as my second 02. I think it would be pretty cool having a auto so my wife could have driven it.

Crack free dash! Recaro's and the other goodies listed in the previous post seem to make it well worth the asking price.

I'd say go for it! Good luck

Automatics aren't that bad in these cars but.... why? Unless your missing a leg or arm....

Folded dent in drivers door from the door brake breaking.

Otherwise looks nice.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Overall seems decent, be sure to spend the money on a pre-purchase inspection as part of your due diligence.

Missing the engine fan.

Looks like rust under the relays.

The rust near the trim makes me wonder about the undercarriage. California or Texas car does not mean no rust.

Parcel shelf needs to be reupholstered.

Interior is great, a plus (for me) is the correct radio. Easy to add an MP3 player plug and extra speakers under the back seat.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Car looks nice! Hey, it's an '02....if you like it, buy it and enjoy it! Plus, if you ever decide to install a 5-speed, automatics are known for being "the best" candidates for this upgrade because the trans tunnel is much larger!

Don't listen to the whiners who downtalk our beloved big bumpers either! They are great for sitting on and taking a break from waxing, plus they are perfect for mounting foglights!

I've only been in Austin one time in the summer.....and it's not only hot but HUMID too!

Good Luck!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

-----Automatic Transmission-------

your number one worry and expense to repair,

OR replace with a manual transmission - factor that in

your purchase price

looks to be a nice 'dry' clean car

boring color and slushbox - nice to own

a 2002 though.

when you inspect in person - smell

the trans oil dip stick. If you see black

rubbing the ATF between yer fingers, and is smells like

burnt electric motor - take $2500 off the asking price.

Thats what a Auto repair/replacement - OR a manual

transplant will cost you.

do you want to be an envolved driver of the

original Ultimate Driving Machine? shifting gears, reving

the motor up and down, controling the power delivery???

or do you want to just sit down, plug in "D" and just go along

for a ride in a cage? with the cell phone held up to yer ear?

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

I had a one owner Malaga automatic I wish still had it roof air original and beautiful.

Ported intake and exhaust, no center muffler vac adv dizzy, etc ran very nice.

not a slug !!!!!!

3421912 ask john

Red Baron a 74 sedanw/ dual webers ,spring,steins,bars. body shop for a full make over

Red Baroness a 71 1600 touring new to me and on the street in Limburg

Old Reliable a 93 318 m42's are soooo cool