• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Dip Switch and hard plastic ignition cover

goofycarp

Have a switch that works sometimes.... I got in the car in a hurry once and hit it with my knee and it got bodgy after that. Worked when I put a tight ziptie around it. I got tired of fooling with it so I replaced it I'll send it to you for the cost of shipping. Part # is 1 352 957 8357/61. Also have a metal under dash piece that will need to be cleaned up and reprinted. It has a choke cable on the side opposite of the ignition. Looks like the holes all line up with the plastic one on my 73. Also have 2 of the pads that goes over it. Both have a little chunk out of them below the ignition switch. Pics below. Would send all three for $25 shipped.

6320dc9e.jpg

79895913.jpg

5f890028.jpg

39d0f916.jpg

23d735f8.jpg

2ff0cce8.jpg

72b6ecd9.jpg

9893385c.jpg

662eb1b0.jpg

jdaniels AT uga DOT com

'71 02 - parts car with not many parts left

'73 02 - weekend toy and money pit

'74 04 - sold in '91

'03 325iT - for trips and bad weather

'03 50cc Honda Scooter - for my 2 mile commute

'06 50cc Honda scooter - wife's commuter

I was gonna say- jump all over that metal cover for $25! Have you seen the co$$$$t for new (from the very few places that still have them?$$$$$)

Clean it up and then paint it with some hammered look spray paint. This gives it the correct texture. Then finish it off with a satin black spray paint.

Since your car is a tii, remove the choke cable and install a factory switch that is just a push/pull on/off. I think it was the wiper speed switch. The knob looks right at home. You can then use it for some driving lights, or a bump switch if your cold start system is messed up.

I believe all the early 2002's used the metal covers. The date code on mine are March and June 1972. For sure used on the 72 tii's. I would suspect that the plastic didn't come into play until 75 or 76.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes