• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guibo question

bnam

Here's the Guibo on my car

IMG_1971.jpg

The bolts are all in the same direction. Can this be corrected without taking the Driveshaft & Guibo off? How?

I had been told that the drive shaft was too long and it was hard to get the Guibo back on there. It could be seen that the Guibo was not perfectly flat, but every other bolt was pushed in. Initially pushed in over 1/8", I've got it down to just around 1/16" now (loosened diff). I thought I could get it out some more, but I could not get the diff to move anymore -- perhaps at the end of its travel. I should have checked, but was in a hurry.

Byas

Ha -- I'd wondered that myself so your question made me look it up.

Apparently we all misspell it -- it should be correctly spelled GIUBO and pronounced as "jew-boh"

It originates from Italian contraction of the word GIUNTO which means joint or coupling and the last name of the engineer who first patented the flex coupling Antonio Boschi. Boschi started up a company to make flex couplings called Giubo Spa.

BTW, the misspelled word is often pronounced gee-bo or guy-bo -- at least that's what I was told.

Byas

Alright boys and girls, lets jerk those gweebos out and replace them with the jewbos. That has been our problem, we are using gweebos!

(just having some fun Byas)

Maybe that has been my problem all along Bill!

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"