• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Toronto Tii engine rebuild

BrentF

I am thinking of purchasing a '72 2002 tii. It needs an engine rebuild. I can have the work done in the US (where the car is presently located ) but I'd prefer that have the work done locally here in Toronto (for "warranty" purposes)

Just need to know if there's someone of talent and true craftsmanship in Toronto (or the general vicinity) who I can entrust this engine rebuild to and who knows their way around these engines and their mechanical fuel injection system.

Thanks in advance,

I am thinking of purchasing a '72 2002 tii. It needs an engine rebuild. I can have the work done in the US (where the car is presently located ) but I'd prefer that have the work done locally here in Toronto (for "warranty" purposes)

Just need to know if there's someone of talent and true craftsmanship in Toronto (or the general vicinity) who I can entrust this engine rebuild to and who knows their way around these engines and their mechanical fuel injection system.

Thanks in advance,

The answer is yes, there are capable local shops. Email me through the board if you want some options.

70 M2 2.5L 

If you are not concerned with matching numbers, the Factory rebuilt engine is a good choice and comes with a warranty. Order at any dealer, list prices are all over the place--so call around.

24.png

Last I heard, tii motors were not available from BMW. Have they been restocked?

1973 tii, agave, since 1992

1973 tii block 2763759

1967 Mustang GT fastback, since 1986

1999 Toyota 4Runner, 5 speed, ELocker, Supercharged

Thanks Tony. I posted the same question on the e9coupe forum and Marcus was the name that several recommended. I have a call into Marcus.

BTW: I went ahead with the purchase (subject only to my inspection). Car has working A/C and a 5 speed (which is the only modification from factory) Here's a couple shots of the car:

vevdi8.jpg

157hsw9.jpg

Thanks in advance,

The answer is yes, there are capable local shops. Email me through the board if you want some options.

Thanks Kris. I sent you an email. Brent

Having just completed the purchase of this '72 tii, I want to publicly acknowledge and thank Kris for the tremendous help he was to me in advising me on this purchase. He freely gave of his time and poured over the photos of this car, as if he were the prospective buyer himself, providing me with valuable insights and corroboration. Kris has served as a tremendous ambassador for the '02 marque.

My knowledge of '02s was rusty, not having owned one for longer that I'd like to admit. Fortunately for me, the car was less rusty, but will certainly be in need of an engine rebuild and Kris has guided me to those in the Toronto area capable of doing this car proud on that front.

Thanks Kris! Much appreciated.

and thanks to this forum!