• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Document in German found in car. German translator

1971Ginger

I'm hoping its not a cold war document or something.

I have been meaning to show you guys this for.a while but just got around to posting. I found this when doing my post-purchase cleaning of the 71. this is still in a sealed pouch and from what I could make out from the horrible English translation is this is regarding the factory rebuilt engine I have. can any German speakers or 02 gurus tell me what this is?

I do have a block with no vin numbers yet it has the two x's on other side of where the vin would go so.this makes sense if its a warranty card.

is this a warranty card for the new block?

post-20026-13667656449962_thumb.jpg

post-20026-13667656451554_thumb.jpg

1971- 02-Malaga -(Ginger)- 2nd owner

1973-02- chamonix (sold)

pardon any grammatical errors in my posts, im probably on my cell phone.

The translation makes no sense though. wondering if the German translation make more sense.

Hmm... seems reasonably understandable to me.

#1 -- says Short block does not include other parts like ignition, distributor, flywheel, cooling system etc.

#2 says it was manufactured to meet the factory standards

The translation makes no sense though. wondering if the German translation make more sense.

Hmm... seems reasonably understandable to me.

#1 -- says Short block does not include other parts like ignition, distributor, flywheel, cooling system etc.

#2 says it was manufactured to meet the factory standards

exactly that

What numbers are on your head? (head type and casting date?) I considered a car once that had Xs on the block and was told that the engine was factory rebuilt from 1983. Your brochure looks as old or older...(is it dated on the back?)

the head is a 121ti from 71

1973-02- chamonix (sold)

very cool - I was fluent many years ago, now have to resort to the Worterbuch regularly. I do know that "Wir wunschen Ihnen gute Fahrt" means "We wish you a good journey" and "Lieferumfang eines Triebwerkes" means "the equipment of the engine/power plant", "geschlossenen" usually means closed but in this instance probably means complete.

Charlie

1973 '02 - Chamonix White

1977 320i - Madeira

{option}

Should I open it? CD do you happen to have any scaned copies of what the inside looks like?

I did some CSI type investigative work with a flashlight but I couldn't make out any thing that was written inside. seems like more German.

If its nothing important Il keep it sealed.

1973-02- chamonix (sold)

What numbers are on your head? (head type and casting date?) I considered a car once that had Xs on the block and was told that the engine was factory rebuilt from 1983. Your brochure looks as old or older...(is it dated on the back?)

the head is a 121ti from 71

Ahhh, where is MY head...I was thinking you had the longblock which includes a new head. This is what I have in my car. So you still have the top end of your original engine....cool!

--> 1968 2002 <--

It is a warranty card for a factory rebuilt engine with cylinder head.

Geschlossen you have to understand in the way that the cylinder head is already put on with gasket. Circulation of oil and water as well as combustion rooms are already closed and you will not have to do any work inside the engine anymore. Just mount the auxiliaries, fill in fluids and start off.

To me the original english translation seems quite OK, too.

Regards, Lars.

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.