• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey guys, just bought my first (and favorite) BMW!

CubbyChowder

Congratulations and welcome to the madness.

Since you are in SLO, make sure to contact Rob Torres at 2002 Haus for all your needs.

+1 regarding contacting Rob Torres. I can't recommend him enough.

Also, welcome to the asylum and many years of happy 02 madness wished upon you!

Mike

73 tii #2764014

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the warm welcomes and input. As for the color, I will definitely be picking something unique. I am honestly not too concerned about originality, I would rather create something to my taste. As for the interior, it will most likely be converted to all black. I have plans to put seats from a 2000-2005 VW GTI in it, I think I could make it work, I need to look into it a bit more. I have a complete vision of what I want, and I will try to get it as close to that as possible.

I've heard a lot of people mention Rob from 2002haus. I've actually spoken to him on the phone recently regarding my search for a 2002, and he was really cool. I will definitely contact him if I need any info or parts.

Glad to see there are enthusiasts in my area! I rarely see 02's around.

And whoever asked about what was next to the Saab in the picture. That is actually just a front clip from an old truck, year and model I am unsure of. We are thinking about turning it into a BBQ!

Looks like you have an early (pre 71) front bumper bar (I love these because you get the small over riders and no rubbing strips on the bar itself - basically, a cleaner look). Good luck with the car!

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky