• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door internals and hardware build-up thread/blog ?

Somchai

It's about 18 Months since I stripped my doors down. I sent all the parts for plating and have replaced the broken door brakes etc. Took a bunch of photos but not in enough detail it seems.

I spent the afternon sifting thru 40 pages of posts I located using the search function but only found one that had any detail (That was a link to the my2002tii.com site )

Can anyone point me in the direction of a thread or blog that details the build up of the doors internals, glass supports and regulator etc.

Thanks..

You are probably aware of these diagrams (which may not be all you're looking for), but if not, they are helpful to ensure you get all the nuts, bolts, washers, etc. in their proper sequence.

http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/114/Sedan/USA/2002-M10/LHD/A/1975/february/browse/vehicle_trim/window_guide_front-2/

http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/114/Sedan/USA/2002-M10/LHD/A/1975/february/browse/vehicle_trim/window_guide_front/

Bob Napier

Thanks Bob. Yes I have seen the parts diagrams before. I used them for exactly what you suggested. Pretty sure I have all the parts. I made new rubber gaskets to replace my worn out factory ones.

Was really just hoping that someone else had documented the build up process and especially the order to fit the parts.

It's not too complicated to assemble, but this site is usually great for finding the easiest method which saves time and small mistakes.

There are some great threads on adjusting the glass and door position but so far nothing showing which part actually goes where.

I'm going to check the blue book later today to see if that has any info

It's about 18 Months since I stripped my doors down. I sent all the parts for plating and have replaced the broken door brakes etc. Took a bunch of photos but not in enough detail it seems.

I spent the afternon sifting thru 40 pages of posts I located using the search function but only found one that had any detail (That was a link to the my2002tii.com site )

Can anyone point me in the direction of a thread or blog that details the build up of the doors internals, glass supports and regulator etc.

Thanks..

I was actually loking for something like this a few weeks ago when I rebuilt a door I was replacing on my 71. A lot of the parts will only fit one way which helps. The regulator, wing (vent) window and other bits and pieces.

This was what I followed for the first bit of install till you get to installing the glass internals. http://www.my2002tii.com/may2003/may2003.htm

It helps a lot of you can look at another door thats assembled. If you want Il send you pictures I took of mine.

1971- 02-Malaga -(Ginger)- 2nd owner

1973-02- chamonix (sold)

pardon any grammatical errors in my posts, im probably on my cell phone.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me too Ginger. Can you send me pictures? I will be working on mine as well and have a bunch of pictures, but more can't hurt.

Thanks a bunch.

--Scott

1985 318i (My First); 1996 535i (Loved it/sold it); 1999 323is (My kid likes'em too); 2003 325i (BMW Buy Back)

2005 530i (Best Ride Ever); 2007 x5 (Loved the look, but not the maintenance); 1976 2002 (Bitch'in ride) 1957 Isetta (under restoration)

instead of sending pics...why not post them in this thread?

Good point, here they are. Dont mind the smudges, just a little grease on the door from getting the window situated and rolling smooth.

GREASE ALL THE GEARS!

If anyone needs more angles or suggestions on how to get them back together, feel free to email me at my username on here @gmail.com

post-20026-13667659184672_thumb.jpg

post-20026-1366765918598_thumb.jpg

post-20026-13667659187565_thumb.jpg

post-20026-13667659188816_thumb.jpg

post-20026-13667659190232_thumb.jpg

1973-02- chamonix (sold)

Yeah Bills write up on my2002tii.com was what I used. to do mine.

honestly. the best thing to do is copy the other door (if its assembled).

1973-02- chamonix (sold)