• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Front Bumper Parts, 73 Roundie

Gil. H.

Driving south on IH -35 last night just north of San Marcos and the SUV ahead of me swerved to avoid a tire on the road, hit it anyway and chucked it flipping towards me. Rats! My bumper took the brunt so now I'm looking for:

1: Driver Bumper Bracket that connects to the frame, I'll buy a set, but I only need the drivers side

2: Driver side bumper over rider

3: Driver side chrome bumper

Taking the rest to a chrome shop this morning, so I may/may not need more.

Thanks in advance.

email to: gahrndez(AT)me(DOT)com

[/img]

post-19704-136676565703_thumb.jpg

Gil. Hernandez
'73 2002 - Fjord Blue
Austin, TX

Sorry for your bad bumper fate...I think I have a set of front 73 brackets that were blasted and painted for my resto that we didn't use...used 72 instead (car was is a 76 so it was an either or..). I'll drop you an email in a little while after I check the car barn. Fair price plus shipping...

Can't help on the other unless you want to buy an entire 73 bumper. Nice looking car.

Dave V. in NC

I looked..thought that they were not L & R, but the holes on the straight piece for the frame rail have two holes in different locations...One of the pair that I have has had said two holes slightly reamed out to make them fit (which they still did not, and thus why we went with the 72's...) If the said holes on the driver's side are below the center line, then I have an excellent drivers side available and a pass side with slightly enlarged holes. If they are above the centerline, then I have an excellent pass side, and an excellent driver' side with holes that have been slightly enlarged (easily welded and re-drilled if you wish...) but would still work. Probably like to have $50 for the pair plus actual shipping...Not sure if they will fit in large priority box, but probably in that range.

Dave V. in NC

i have 2 brand new 51 11 1 815 493(see #13)

http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=2232&mospid=47131&btnr=51_3322&hg=51&fg=15&hl=44

my etk(1/1/2012) says these only fit euro. however, looking in the white books, which are WAY more correct than etk, these fit usa cars. i can send you one, but you will have to pay shipping.

from what i remember, the 73 bumper bracket had an additional cross brace, forming a triangle, #16:

http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=2233&mospid=47141&btnr=51_3323&hg=51&fg=15&hl=53

the ones i have do not have this additional piece

Ken Inn

They are not the same length..the 73 brackets put the bumper further away from the body, and thus, the fender hole for the bumper corner attachment will not line up. As me how I know...When we went to chrome bumpers on my 76, the hole was bored using a 71/72 fender as a go-by, and then tried to use the 73 bracket, as they are stronger, but the holes were off...so we went with 72 brackets, and all was fine with the world... And the iron is thicker/more stout....I emailed pics to you awhile ago Gilbert...

Dave V. in NC