• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sac Valley BMWCCA event

bnam

The SVBMWCCA organized a brake bleeding tech session in Auburn yesterday at Ryan's BMW shop.

Since I've been a member only for the past 2 months, I decided to join them, meet local members, get my brakes bled and while waiting for my turn, use the shop equipment to drain my old reservoir and swap in a new reservoir and blue hoses.

Was a great day for a drive -- sunny, clear, mid 60s. Instead of I80, I took the narrow two lane, winding, hilly, and scenic Salmon Falls road. It hits Hwy 49 near Rattlesnake Bar. Hwy 49 drops down at a steep gradient to cross the American river before the steep climb back up to Auburn. Initially I was stuck behind a slow Prius so stopped to take few pics.

IMG_2037.jpg

IMG_2035.jpg

IMG_2038.jpg

I thought I'd be early if I was there by 930, but I was one of the last and had to wait a while. There were about 20 cars including a really nice 635CSi that was the last manual tranny car sent to the US. Mine was the only '02.

There was an NK being restored at the shop. Had not seen one before.

Is the engine always this low or was this one modified?

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

Returned home the same route with firmer pedals. :)

Byas