• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 bmw 2002 project car for sale

mtg2002

Hello fellow 2002 enthusiasts. I have a 1970 2002 vin#1673232 that I am offering for sale. My sister's husband owned this car when they got married in 1979 and I bought it from them in 1985. I put the car in storage in 1986 intending to restore it for myself. Finally, in May of 2008 I took out the interior and removed the eng & trans and put the car in the shop to have the body restored and painted as the 1st phase. Well, if you recall, that summer was brutal economically and that is all I have been able to do so far. The result is a beautiful BMW white rolling shell with a new white headliner, new windshield & rear glass. It has been garaged kept with a car cover since that time. The all original platform was solid w/ no rust in the shock towers or pan. I replaced the front clip as I hit a dog in '86, the main reason it went into storage. The laquor paint was stripped to metal as it had spider cracks from age/wx and repainted with base/clear coat. Since it's still mostly apart, thorough inspection to verify condition would be a snap.I don't see myself being able to complete this in the next 5 yrs thus it's for sale but not a fire sale. Asking $9000. Shoot me an email if your interested at .

Good Luck .

You really need to attach Pics , give miles on drive train etc, interior condition pics

3421912 ask john

Red Baron a 74 sedanw/ dual webers ,spring,steins,bars. body shop for a full make over

Red Baroness a 71 1600 touring new to me and on the street in Limburg

Old Reliable a 93 318 m42's are soooo cool