• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BEHR console question

bnam

I finally got to tackling a loose central console yesterday. I took apart the console and guess what I find under the gear shift console? A brand new foam donut placed around the shifter, but above the tunnel.

I had noticed that I was missing the foam underneath and had bought a new one but was not looking forward to taking apart the shifter etc to install the donut. While looking at the opening from above, there seemed enough space to install the donut from above and sure enough -- with a plastic pry bar, I was able to squeeze the foam and install it from above. Now, I can check and adjust the foam from below next time I am playing with the driveshaft adjustment (should be soon).

Anyway -- onto my question -- while taking apart the console, I found I was missing this spacer wedge on one side. Looking at the BEHR install & parts manual -- they list a spacer tube but not a wedge. So, wondering how to get a part number for this and where to get it.

IMG_2048.jpg

Thx,

Byas