• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Excellent Eastern NC barbeque restaurant

jgerock

I got major spouse bonus points by bringing home take-out BBQ, slaw and hush puppies from King's Restaurant in Kinston, NC Sunday.

Anybody who loves eastern NC style BBQ (pork and chicken), collard greens, finely-chopped sweet cole slaw, small hush puppies, brunswick stew, etc. needs to stop into this place located right off Highway 70.

Their pork BBQ is chopped by hand using meat cleavers and has a taste that doesn't even need any additional sauce, although they can provide their own vinegar-based sauce (juice).

My NC-based family has been eating there for many years (they have been in business for 75 years).

I got a pound of pork BBQ, a large container of slaw and a huge bag of hush puppies for $ 21.00. It smelled so good when I got to the car, I had to stop and get a cheap foam cooler and ice to keep from munching on it.

I guarantee you will love it.

http://www.kingsbbq.com/ordereze/Content/6/Summary.aspx

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"