• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Read my spark plugs please...

bnam

they say bosch on them
LOL.

They look fine to me, maybe a bit oily. Indication of a normal plug- Looks like you tuned it well. As long as they don't get to this point 0308121625.jpg

I'd say you're fine.

1974 Malaga 2002 4282899 "Little Red"

1976 Polaris 2002 2374061 "Rusty Shackleford" 

1998 Dk. Blue Volvo S70 T5 "Carlene"- 221k Miles 

The first one (which was not too oily) was on right and tight. I felt 2,3,4 were not as snug. Was wondering if the oily threads were a consequence. Got them all evenly snug now.

The car came with a 292cam which I heard mixed opinions about on a Tii -- the majority say they will run lean at higher rpm with not enough fuel. So, on the lookout for whether that is the case or not. Will get a WB02 at some point.

B

Who knows? My #2 plug has always been super loose. These being old cars, I wouldn't put it past a tacky PO to have dislodged some threads from the hole. A 292 in a Tii does indeed make it run lean, though I read something in a roundel magazine from...81? Where a guy was restoring a 74 Verona Tii after a crash and the shop tuned the kf system to work perfect with the cam. Never heard of anybody else having the same luck, though.

1974 Malaga 2002 4282899 "Little Red"

1976 Polaris 2002 2374061 "Rusty Shackleford" 

1998 Dk. Blue Volvo S70 T5 "Carlene"- 221k Miles 

What's your mpg running?

I think they're ok, or possibly a bit lean. 500 miles may be too early to tell.

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

I don't know how true this is but it makes for some interesting reading about

plugs. http://www.4secondsflat.com/Spark_plug_reading.html

With that said, your plugs look like their a bit hot/lean to me. You want a bit more colour on the insulator tip(white ceramic part below the electrode). White is usually an indication that your plugs are too hot or you are running lean. 500 miles is plenty to read plugs, you can see a difference in plugs evern after short distances. But I would

like a closer picture to be sure. Reading plugs is fine, but a wide band O2 sensor would be better as it could point out where in the rev-reange you are running lean.

I've always used this as a reference to read plugs.

Spark+Plug+Reading.jpg

spark-plug-condition-colour-640x266.jpg

Regards

Jacques

'71 2002 Malaga, fun weekender

'70 2002ti Colorado, Restoration/money pit

'74 2002 turbo in my dreams, sideways...