• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show everyone your pride and joy

sandrosia

yeah i have a feeling that would strictly be a "putting around" car. performance mods are probably non-existent haha. the only thing putting me off is that i doubt i could find any parts for it locally. i've already been through most of the junkyards in NJ looking for 02s (none!) and i havent seen any volvos earlier than 85-ish so it might be a nightmare trying to do any work on it. tempting though

Well, the nice thing is that there are indeed people who will help you source parts. Try matthewsvolvosite.com and volvoforums.com.

It's been a while since my interest for volvos declined; but I believe that the 144 had either a 1.8 or a 2 liter motor; B18 or B20... So early 240 drivetrains are plug and play.

The other nice thing is, It's a volvo. They never ever break. Not usually. And those early red blocks are VERY easy to work on.

1974 Malaga 2002 4282899 "Little Red"

1976 Polaris 2002 2374061 "Rusty Shackleford" 

1998 Dk. Blue Volvo S70 T5 "Carlene"- 221k Miles 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here she is, after a valet left the ignition on all night at a resort I was staying in (I know, first world problems) I'm glad my wife is ok with me having a Bavarian mistress.

post-19964-13667657382167_thumb.jpg

post-19964-13667657385567_thumb.jpg

68' 2002, GRANADA RED

88' 325es, RED (previous car)

77' 320i, SIERRA BEIGE (previous car)

www.68roundie.blogspot.com

yeah i have a feeling that would strictly be a "putting around" car. performance mods are probably non-existent haha. the only thing putting me off is that i doubt i could find any parts for it locally. i've already been through most of the junkyards in NJ looking for 02s (none!) and i havent seen any volvos earlier than 85-ish so it might be a nightmare trying to do any work on it. tempting though

Well, the nice thing is that there are indeed people who will help you source parts. Try matthewsvolvosite.com and volvoforums.com.

It's been a while since my interest for volvos declined; but I believe that the 144 had either a 1.8 or a 2 liter motor; B18 or B20... So early 240 drivetrains are plug and play.

The other nice thing is, It's a volvo. They never ever break. Not usually. And those early red blocks are VERY easy to work on.

It has the B20F with D Jet fuel injection. Same motor in my 72 1800ES. Auto is the Borg Warner 35 3 spd auto. My 1800ES originally had the BW35, after if crapped out I swapped the M41 w/OD in. Straight bolt in. The majority of the Volvos of the era were manual trans so the bodies were all made for the M40/41 4 spds. There are quite a few folks/shops that offer just about everything you would need to keep it running. The bits that are starting to get scarce is the fuel injection parts.

Earl

74 02Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

Hi Sandrosia:

Is your o2 in Riviera Blue? I am thinkning of restoring one but I cannot reference the color..I am wondering if your car is Riviera Blue. Is it a rare color?

Thank You.

Steve

Newbie, wishing for a InKa but cannot find one...perhaps settle on another color

post-19964-13667657515188_thumb.jpg

......in search of my first 2002

Not to break in line, but I had a Riviera 72 back in the day, and that pretty much has to be. Still my favorite. Yes, somewhat rare. What does the paint tag on the picture that you posted say?

Oh, and call me if you decide to get rid of the 72, Sandrosia, very nice indeed.

Dave V. in NC

• 3 weeks later...

Here they are. All three of them.

f50c804c.jpg

5e5779d0.jpg

b236c697.jpg

1976 2002 (Grey Ghost)

2002 X5 3.0i Newly Added

2001 Z3 Roadster 2.5i

1976 Malaga 2002 (totaled by city bus)

1985 535i (totaled. Hit from behind)

1981 320i (trade-in. AC issues)