• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amco Badge Bar on a 76

bluebmw

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I have never seen one on a late car and I kind of like it. Just thought I'd share.

012bac6a.jpg

bed01afa.jpg

57e33ab3.jpg

Don't mind the Great Britain plate, it's only being used as a bracket for my US plate. On a side note, how many of you run without a front plate at all? I'd prefer to do this but I'm not sure how quickly I'd get pulled over.

1966 2000ti Chamonix - old racer, new project

1967 1600 Bristol - stock as a rock

1976 2002 Pastellblau - Alpina tribute

Parts For Sale - The Paddock

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Check you motor vehicle law, you may be able to remove the plate, just keep it in the car just in case. Maine requires a front plate too.

Can mount the plate to the bar with plastic coated plumbing clamps.

post-18626-13667657243913_thumb.jpg

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Check you motor vehicle law, you may be able to remove the plate, just keep it in the car just in case. Maine requires a front plate too.

Can mount the plate to the bar with plastic coated plumbing clamps.

I've actually tried mounting the plate to the bar, but it sits way too high. It looks plain funny with this bar.

In WA it's required. Says it on your registration. Go to classic plates (rules there too) you can run one plate.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Looks a bit bare. Needs lots of badges for cool clubs you are a member of, places you have been and classic rallys / runs that you have been on.

Fill 'er up!

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Might need something on it...kind of reminds me of the old retainers for your uh...grill :) Your car looks great!! Maybe it is sitting up too high, when it splits the kidney just looks odd to me.

post-9373-13667657295091_thumb.jpg

'76 2002 A "camo blue"

'73 2002 A Chamonix

'71 Airstream Globetrotter

'72 2002 A Verona-crashed then stolen

2007 Toyota FJ

Looks very classic it's a matter of taste I guess. It doesn't look bad but I rather have my bumper as it is, I'm not even such a big fan of overriders.

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E21 320/6 2.7 Stroker 1981
E23 730 1978

Looks very classic it's a matter of taste I guess. It doesn't look bad but I rather have my bumper as it is, I'm not even such a big fan of overriders.

+1

Get the correct over-riders for a square car.

You can get a bracket for your front licence plate that will line up with the orig holes on the bumper. Then you can get rid of that fugly Euro GB plate, or, get period correct GB plate.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Get the correct over-riders for a square car.

You can get a bracket for your front licence plate that will line up with the orig holes on the bumper. Then you can get rid of that fugly Euro GB plate, or, get period correct GB plate.

I would get the correct over-riders, problem is that the badge bar only mounts to these over-riders. I could take the bar off, but then I'd have holes in the top of my bumper. Decisions decisions...

I'll be making a bracket shortly, but like I said, that GB plate is NOT staying on the car. If you have any period correct license plates I'd be interested ;)

And thanks to the lovely pictures of that brace face dude, it's really constructive... I did get a laugh out of it though.

I'll be making a bracket shortly, but like I said, that GB plate is NOT staying on the car. If you have any period correct license plates I'd be interested ;)

And thanks to the lovely pictures of that brace face dude, it's really constructive... I did get a laugh out of it though.

Allow me to help.

Bracket to attach a US licence plate to a chrome bumper is part# 51 18 1 816 901. No. 8 on the attached diagram.

I'd get a better pic but my car is in TX and I'm in China. Glad you were amused.

A while back I tried to get a new set of UK plates for my car....I needed the UK title to get them. Unfortunately, Texas took my orig title when it was registered to get US plates.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I was being constructive, maybe try to lower it so it doesn't sit so high...thought that may be a bit constructive. I have one of these bars as well and just couldn't figure out how to make it look right for me...just opinions right?

'76 2002 A "camo blue"

'73 2002 A Chamonix

'71 Airstream Globetrotter

'72 2002 A Verona-crashed then stolen

2007 Toyota FJ

I was being constructive, maybe try to lower it so it doesn't sit so high...thought that may be a bit constructive. I have one of these bars as well and just couldn't figure out how to make it look right for me...just opinions right?

Are you saying lower the car or the bar?