• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bidding a fond farewell to the "real" Grover

Grover

Last night my family and I bid a very sad but fond farewell to our wonderful old dog (and my namesake on the FAQ) Grover, he was almost 15 years old. Grover was one of the kindest souls I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, and a wonderful big brother figure to my now 7 year old son. He will be sorely missed by the Richardson family. RIP my friend.

november006.jpg

Sorry for your loss, happy for the love you and the rest of the clan were lucky enough to receive. My board namesake has been gone for about seven years, and we still miss him. Took almost a year to "re-dog", the longest period of my life without one (I'm 56). It's never the same, but I don't know if I can live without one. Godspeed, Grover. If there is a heaven, you wont be lonely.

Dave V. in NC

Looks like a real nice dog. He'll be missed! He's up there with my old pup.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

So sorry for your loss, Grover. My sister had to put down her Shih Tzu yesterday morning because of complications from leukemia. She had her for 12 years and was very upset. :(

421749_3418209143471_1517422115_3020240_1003330204_n.jpg

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

Tom, i am sorry to hear about your loss of such a friend. i know the anguish you have to deal with as you witness the gradual demise of your companion. their passing is an indelible marker in time. it really emphasizes how quickly time passes by. let his passing motivate you to go forward with any projects or goals you've set for yourself.

i recently had to bid farewell to an old friend and companion Ramone, he was just shy of 16 years. i chose to honor him by installing him as my avatar. i had struggled several times over the years to include a dang avatar and alway gave up in frustration, but i made the effort to get it right as a tribute to my dear friend Ramone, who i honor with every post, now.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

I am sorry to hear this and wish you and your family well. Grover does indeed look like a very nice dog with a good soul.

~Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

Damn Tom.

That is sad news.

With all the travel on top of that you have had your share of stress. Be sure to take a pause and recharge someway.

Steve & Dana

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes