• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 2002 For Sale in NY- Lots of Pictures!

mfc6932

After three years of reliable driving, I am putting my 4-speed Verona red 1974 2002 up for sale to make room for a 1987 325i 4-door. The car has about 184,000 miles (the odometer stopped working about 1,000 miles ago, and now only works intermittently). The car has been my daily driver and I have been careful to keep it in the best shape possible. There is nothing that needs to be done to drive the car away, aside from registration. It has never let me down and has a ton of new parts that my father (who used to work on 2002's when they were new) and I installed. It amazes me how fun it is every time I take it for a drive. I have broken the rest of the information and completed work into categories:

Exterior

Overall, the body is in 7/10 shape. The body is extremely straight with some rust. All of the rust is restricted to non-structural areas like the front corners near the turn signals and the right rear valance. All four shock towers are perfect.

The paint and clear coat are not the best but are still in reasonable condition.

The manual sunroof works well and does not leak.

New front left turn signal assembly

I have the missing trim piece, it just needs new clips to reattach.

Interior

Overall, the interior is in 8.5/10 shape. The front seats have been restuffed with foam and reupholstered. The rear bench has not been redone yet. The dash has some cracks but is still in very good shape. The gauges all work (aside from the odometer). The carpets are in great shape.

New MOMO steering wheel (original included)

Radio works great

New rear speakers

Suspension

Bavarian Autosport springs-lower the car and firm up the ride a bit, but still comfortable enough for long drives

Koni shocks (rear)

Bilstein struts (front)

Very planted, an absolute blast to drive

Mechanical/Brakes

Engine runs very strongly and the transmission shifts smoothly

Clutch shudders occasionally on takeoff, but never slips and has never let me down

New rear drums and shoes

New front rotors and pads

Rebuilt calipers

Engine/Fuel

The engine runs great and the car loves to be driven.

New Weber 32/36 downdraft carb with K&N filter

New distributor cap and wires

New spark plugs

New Petronix electronic ignition

New alternator

Regular oil changes with Mobil 1

Brand new larger 51L automatic-transmission fuel tank

Exhaust

New ceramic coated exhaust manifold by 02 Again (rated for 10% horsepower and torque increase over the Tii manifold)

New ceramic coated front pipe (not installed but included)

New stock exhaust system from the front pipe back

Extras

320i 5-speed that has not been rebuilt, complete with brackets and shift tower support

5 320i Alpina-style wheels

5 steel wheels

Assorted parts like original air cleaner, front shock spacers, and OEM steering wheel

Overall, this is a well-sorted car that could be driven right away and enjoyed. It has treated me well and I have returned the favor.

$4450obo

Feel free to PM, text or call Mike anytime at (845)264-2918 for more pictures or information.

Rightfront.jpg

Rightrear.jpg

Leftrear.jpg

Frontleft.jpg

Enginebay.jpg

Enginemanifold.jpg

Trunk.jpg

Interior.jpg

Gauges.jpg

Dashboard.jpg

Ceiling.jpg

Rearbench.jpg

Valancerust.jpg

Fenderrust.jpg

Leftturnsignal.jpg

Rightturnsignal.jpg

Mike:

I have the same color, same year 02 w/no sunroof.

You have some real rust issues which will make it difficult to get your asking price.

GLWS

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...