• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Steering Column Top Trim Piece, Metal - FOUND

thomgallie

Steering Column Top Trim Piece, Metal

PN 32312482052.

Must have usable threads and no gross digs but paint can be any condition.

Thanks.

I thought that `71s had a padded upper trim piece for the steering column.

Like this:

1600Wiring034.jpg

Of course, your `71 wouldn't have the VIN tag, but it should be the padded style, right?

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Thanks Clay,

Uncertain. I have the top pad (with horizontal VIN tag, BTW: 2573630) but horn slip ring is not held well by it at top AND an earlier '71 I know has both metal top and pad AND Steve Blunt thinks mid-71 should probably have both. Attempting to get good horn pin contact and thought it was worth a try. Do you have one?

Thom

Thom Gallie

71 Atlantik Blau

Lemme dig through my stash and see what I find.

I definitely have the padded top piece that you see there, though it's from a `76, which means that it's plastic under the padding, not metal (I think).

I'll see if I can find a good horn contact ring, though.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Hey Dookie!

I'm a Tarheel, although fond on Blue Devils: my Dad spent his career in Computer Science and Math at Duke and I went there briefly as a ugrad. Escaped West ASAP but still love to go home.

Just don't know what I need because I don't have the part. I have what you show in DSCO2502: padded top and it's original - has the chassis vin on it. The part number in DSCP2503 is only 10 digits long so its 1 digit short of being a part number, but its metal which is what I want. Is the right hand piece in DSCP2501 metal or padded? I need metal mate to that short shape, same shape as upper padded top with VIN plate and goes beneath the pad (just as the bottom is also two pieces, one metal and one padded). The metal forms a clam shell about the column and the top and bottom pads bolt to the clam shell.

And thanks for help. I am hoping that ClayW is still looking for me too.

Thom

Thom Gallie

71 Atlantik Blau

One is metal (pictured one the left), the padded piece sits on the metal piece (on the right). Metal piece is slightly curved for the padded piece and have a half circle opening in the front to hold the horn ring. I also have the bottom piece which is also metal. The one you need is the metal piece on the left.