• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Want the Loudest Horn One Can Get for My 02 What Do You...

justinevert

Recommend?

I am thinking freight train or semi truck quality.

Something that would wake the dead, pee in one's pants, and make dogs and small children jump in the air.

Prefer to have plug & play.

Suggestion?

Justin

The question is not that we broke a few rules or took certain liberties with our female guests.

We did ;)

Charlie don't surf!!

I took my stock horn off, used the same mount to bolt it up and ran the stock wires back in.... sounds like a ferrari.... nice and loud.

http://www.amazon.com/Wolo-Model-419-Black-Design/dp/B000F5DQWY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332006107&sr=8-1

I think I got the idea from the Equinox 2011 video. There is a car in there with a similar sounding horn. It is the car with the floppy shifter, fuzzy guy and hot chick.

Great video by the way! I have it on my computer but cannot find it to share the link.

FOR SALE-----74 2002tii 2782194 Turkis, Megasquirt, Korman road sport springs, Bilstein HD shocks, 13" FPS Bottle Caps

Look up Stebel horns. They make a very compact one, driven by a compact, attached compressor, 12 volt, relay-driven, that puts out over 130 db. Because of the exponential increase in sound versus decibels, it is a great deal (by a long shot) louder than even a 120dB horn. I mounted one on my motorcycle and through my helmet it was bone-jarring. It's technically a marine unit, but is really popular with bike guys. It's a high-pitched, single tone horn. I think it cost me $39 at full throttle, a bike accessory catalog.

"And The Dude abides"

74 2002 Inka (The Dude)

68 Zundapp ISDT Racer (original 350 miles)

87 BMW 735i (frozen motor)

79 VW Westphalia (for sale)

55 AJS 500cc Enduro Non-running Ekins bike

72 Yamaha XS2 (in many boxes)

These are a set of Vintage FIAMM air horns that I put on the 02. Loud as loud gets without going to an onboard air system and a train horn. I have scared a few people shitless with this hor to say the least. Hella sells the same one I think. You can pick em up at Harbor Freight pretty cheap! Mounts in stock location, just find a spot for the compressor

IMG_0598.JPG

IMG_0599.JPG

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

My Touring has the original stock two-tone (hi & lo) horns.

I find these are loud enough and way better than the single horn on Da Beater.

Good sounding horns too.

post-1653-13667657454194_thumb.png

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

These are a set of Vintage FIAMM air horns that I put on the 02. Loud as loud gets without going to an onboard air system and a train horn. I have scared a few people shitless with this hor to say the least. Hella sells the same one I think. You can pick em up at Harbor Freight pretty cheap! Mounts in stock location, just find a spot for the compressor

IMG_0598.JPG

IMG_0599.JPG

I installed a set of these on my '75 VW Beetle in the '80's. Scared many folks with it.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

what did I put on DaBeater?

Hey Rob,

Da Beater has its original single tone horn. It's ok, but not as good (or as loud) as the twin horns.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17