• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Mikuni 44PHH air horns - FOUND

jerry

Got them from Pierce Manifolds and they look GREAT.

NOS and beautifully made. attention to detail. casting marks buffed out.

definitely a Japanese twist to the standard Weber/Dellorto airhorns. Quite abit of flair at the ends.

I do not want to cover these babies with a filter canister ;-(

still looking for a one piece intake manifold for side drafts, too.

jerryallsmanATyahooDOTcom

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

You may want to check with this guy for linkage (he may also have airhorns available)...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200708727752?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

thanks for the link. i'd been considering those link arms, actually. i hadn't thought to ask him about airhorns, though.

& 1 special alfa

You may want to check with this guy for linkage (he may also have airhorns available)...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200708727752?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

in my opinion, this vendor is being willfully deceptive in his description of his link arm, giving the impression that it is made of stainless steel. he is splitting hairs on HIS use of the term 'hardware'.

thought i'd share a recent dialog i had with this vendor:

Dear jalls1,

My discription makes perfect sense to intellegent people.

The term 'hardware' means nuts, bolts, washers, etc., not the main item being sold.

I do not sell to idiots, or people who whant to tell me I am wrong.

Only an idiot would think that anyone would make linkage arms out of stainless steel.

Your blocked.

Go buy your rusty BMW2002 parts somewhere else.

- duax_machine

To: duax_machine

Subject: Re: Details about item: jalls1 sent a message about Sidedraft Manifold Weber-Mikuni-Delorto Billet Linkage Arm for 10mm Cross Shaft #360443537456

Sent Date: Mar-25-12 12:35:04 PDT

Dear duax_machine,

i'm glad i asked. your description suggests otherwise...

- jalls1

To: jalls1

Subject: Re: Details about item: jalls1 sent a message about Sidedraft Manifold Weber-Mikuni-Delorto Billet Linkage Arm for 10mm Cross Shaft #360443537456

Sent Date: Mar-25-12 09:41:02 PDT

Dear jalls1,

'Hardware' means the bolts.

The arms are aluminum.

- duax_machine

To: duax_machine

Subject: Details about item: jalls1 sent a message about Sidedraft Manifold Weber-Mikuni-Delorto Billet Linkage Arm for 10mm Cross Shaft #360443537456

Sent Date: Mar-25-12 09:39:16 PDT

Dear duax_machine,

hi, i want to be certain that when you refer to "all hardware is stainless", you are referring to both the allen head screws and the link arm itself? sorry to be picky, but on eBay, it is better to ask than assume...

& 1 special alfa

• 2 weeks later...

still looking.

got a bite from a chap in the UK asking for my phone number so he could call me to discuss my needs.

i suggested that he email photos of what he has so we could have a more intelligent conversation.

that's the last i heard from him....

& 1 special alfa

earl, i recently won a bid on an set of authentic Mikuni link arms on eBay. they are not the center-pull setup i'd have preferred, but those center pulls seem to go for really stupid money >$200.

my linkage consists of two independent linkarms actuating each carb. each linkarm is shorten/lengthened to synchronize them.

i guess i should update the title to reflect my continuing search for mikuni airhorns. i hadn't thought to ask pierce manifolds about mikuni parts. DCOE 45 airhorns will work. i just want the uniquely japanese looking mikuni airhorns if i can find em.

& 1 special alfa

Earl, your link arms look like the set i was able to buy off eBay...

i do not have the inlet manifolds with the integral mount post as you are using. i've got the OEM ti ones and a lookalike set. i'll have to sort out how to support my linkage rod.

i called pierce manifold and i think they have the air horns i seek!!!! it's gonna cost me, though. thanks for the tip.

& 1 special alfa