• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS/FT: 1991 Etienne Aigner edition VW Cabriolet

metalsoul

There were only 998 units of this edition produced in the Mangrove Green Metallic, and here's a nice example of one...

I took this car in on trade towards a bimmer I had at my shop. Many of you may have seen it on here or in person but it's a cool little EA edition in really good condition but in need of some TLC. The car was a DD for the previous owner and he even drove it from MD to my shop in NJ straight without any issues. I'm putting this car up for sale right now, and if it doesn't sell I'll be restoring it at the shop when our current projects are completed. After which it will be finished and sold at a much higher price to reflect the full restoration. I can also work with a buyer who would like to purchase it from us restored.

It starts up right away every time even after sitting for a few days, idles nicely, and runs and drives well, cluster reads 173k miles. All of the fabric is in excellent condition with no tears rips or even wear, but only 1 EA golden horseshoe is present. The body is very straight with minimal dings and only one dent, and only 3 areas of rust that are shown in the pictures below...the lower windshield area, and two small spots on the body. The chassis and underside are extremely clean and rust free. The car sits on almost new Raceland coilovers, solid brakes (ebrake handle needs to be re-tacked down.) The rims are in decent condition and seem to be straight with minimal curbage but could use a respray, the tires are pretty beat all around. The lower console sections are fit in securely and properly though they are not the correct pieces. I fit the window switches into the hazard bezel and it has a brand new Alpine head unit and new Pioneer speakers all around. Heat works well and the A/C seems to work intermittently. The timing belt seems to be in good condition, but the valve cover gasket should be replaced (a new one can be included.) The clipper kit is in great condition and the original EA top cover is also included. The top closes just fine and opens and locks but sits crooked because one of the bars has been bent (as shown in the pictures.)

Overall it's a good little EA in surprisingly very good condition and I'd love to see someone get this who will appreciate the rarity of the Etienne Aigner edition.

I'm asking $2,500. obo and as always I do entertain classic car and motorcycle trades, but please don't make low offers or trade offers if you aren't ready to make a deal immediately. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask or come by the shop...it's located in Lambertville NJ.

Thanks!

imagejpeg_2_6.jpg

IMAG0227.jpg

DSC_1984.jpg

DSC_1993.jpg

DSC_1974.jpg

DSC_1975.jpg

DSC_1981.jpg

DSC_1982.jpg

DSC_1970.jpg

DSC_1968.jpg

DSC_1962.jpg

imagejpeg_5_2.jpg

DSC_1963.jpg

IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG0243.jpg

IMAG0244.jpg

DSC_1989.jpg

This is the only rust that I've found on the car...

DSC_1988.jpg

DSC_1995.jpg

DSC_1990.jpg

DSC_1971.jpg

This is the bar that is bent, you can see it on the lower end of it...

DSC_1973.jpg

Pic from PO...

imagejpeg_3.jpg