• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

speedometer needle

2002cool2

Anyone know of the specific paint used on the speedometer needle. I was taking the instrument clusters off for a clean-up. Not sure if model paint or general can paint will work , I.e. being too heavy on the meter. Any feedback will be appreciated.

post-19989-13667657590716_thumb.jpg

2002cool2

i've painted mercedes speedo needle and other gauge needles with spray paint. painting needles is much more difficult to get consistent but you won't have the overspray issue. my recommendation is to mask thoroughly and use very light coats of spray paint.

Decided to brush off the old chipping paint and repainted the needle with contrast "silver" line. I recleaned the cluster glass and repainted the glass "pressure" ring and frontal plate. Looks aesthetically good and am satisfied. Next..dash installation and function check. Check it out...:)

post-19989-13667657930224_thumb.jpg

post-19989-13667657931365_thumb.jpg

2002cool2

• 1 year later...