• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Its official! See you at The Vintage!

wegweiser

I've been tinkering with the F Bomb, doing all kinds of little repairs I didn't get to last year (I was so jazzed at turning a barn find in to a real driver, I blew off the subtle, little details til now).

Revived interior light function

Made a new stainless exhaust manifold heatshield

installed quieter gearbox (Thanks Mike Pugh!)

Thorough spring cleaning of the interior and headliner

getting the Becker "iPod friendly"

speakers

new clutch master cylinder

timing cover and oil pan seals

hardwiring the GPS power cord (hate seeing cords dangling from the lighter socket!)

reinstalled all under dash panels

re-attached door buzzer (oh the novelty!)

Taking the car to New Jersey with my dad to see family in April (7 hour drive) and will be ready for Winston-Salem's 7 hr trip in May!

I'm still tracking down the source of a horrendous high speed wind whistle. Once I get that sorted, she'll be a fine roadtrip steed. She's running better than ever after fresh valve adjustment! Still need misc trim bits. (2 or 3 upper alu strips and a couple lower ones).

...and she just made page 96 of BMW's corporate magazine (in dealerships now)!

Looking forward to seeing old and new friends in May! Time to DRIIIIVE!

post-2748-13667657597466_thumb.jpg

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Here's to another great year of friends getting together. Cheers!

post-2748-13667657599179_thumb.jpg

post-2748-13667657601343_thumb.jpg

post-2748-13667657603603_thumb.jpg

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

I wish I was going to make the Vintage this year! Maybe see ya at Lime Rock.

Hey, isn't that the car that might as well be called the vagina?

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

I went through tracking down one on my 73 that was louder than the engine at 70 mph...let me know if you'd like the column I wrote on how I found it, and I'll send you a copy.

Won't make Vintage this year--same weekend as our high school reunion--why don't you take the Bomb to Mid America in April? Drive over to Dayton and join our caravan on Thursday the 26th...or drive with the VA/NC crowd and meet us in Hermann MO...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Hey Paul:

Where in Jersey are you planning to visit? I'll treat if you are close by!

Saw a recent posting about the whistling noise coming from the trim on the hood. Something about making sure it sits flush against it, otherwise wind gets in and makes some noise....

Robert in NJ
73 2002 (Verona)

72 2002tii (Verona)

Awww heck, Robert! I'll be doing family stuff all weekend. Thanks for the generous offer indeed! Maybe you'll make it to NC in May?

I've been systematically taping up all the trim, door openings, hood openings, and rust holes to track down the noise, while doing highway runs. I'll find it....it'll just take a while.

All of the trim is damaged, bent, twisted, or missing....so I suspect that's the source. I just have to find the offender and add a less offensive tweak to it.

And the background to the vagina comment: I once had a gal pal that (upon hearing the name "Lancia Fulvia") replied: "It's called a Lancia WHAT???! Why don't they just call it 'the vagina you can drive'?" I still laugh my damn ass off at that one! :-D

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com