• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New ride on the way...69 Nevada 2002

jgerock

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cousin; he's also a Nevada sunroof car.

Your car needs the early thin outside mirror; trap mirrors weren't used until sometime in 1970. Also, I don't believe that embossed hood trim piece is original to your car--I know mine (with a lower VIN) didn't come with one, nor did several known original "first series" (pre 1 Jan production date) 69's. Someone with an early car is gonna want it though.

Looks like a great score, and yes, Nevada is a very subtle color and looks great when it's shiny. If you need any authenticity info, lemme know as our cars' production dates are close enough so the changes were slight--primarily the clutch pedal return spring mechanism and the ribs on the dashboard shelf (mine doesn't have 'em). It looks as if your car never had a radio either...

Very cool find...and welcome to Nevadaland.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Also, I don't believe that embossed hood trim piece is original to your car--I know mine (with a lower VIN) didn't come with one, nor did several known original "first series" (pre 1 Jan production date) 69's. Someone with an early car is gonna want it though.

Ah yes, that someone would be me!! - It would look perfect on my 68 2002 restoration!

I found an embossed trim piece a few years ago and sent it off to a professional shop and they rang me to say I shouldn't bother...it had been bent in half and looked terrible to begin with. They said it would be several hundred and would still look like crap when they were done. I didn't even pay to have it shipped back to me.

--> 1968 2002 <--

Just flipping thru the BMW Profiles 2002 Mobile Tradition book and on page 57 there is a B&W picture of a dark-colored 2002ti with the early (funny looking) side mirror and the front EMBOSSED TRIM piece!

This same book shows 2002 ti production from 10/68 to 4/71 (auto show introduction in September 68).

Most, if not all of the 2002ti pictures I have seen do not have the embossed trim.

2002ti-2.jpg

bmw_2002_ti_p0025859-b.jpg

469870-700-0.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Jim, congrats on the find! That's a great looking starting point for your Ti project!

Please do California residents a favor (and yourself if you ever move out here). ;) Keep the old titles that have that Cal black plate number with the car along with the plates. There's a law on the CA DMV books that allows a license plate to be reinstated to the car if you have old titles with that number and the old plates are in serviceable condition. It works, I did it for my Red...

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Nice car! That is a beautiful dash, I wonder what the red knob in the "coin tray" is for? I hope to see this car the next time I'm in Virginia ;)

1974 Malaga 2002 4282899 "Little Red"

1976 Polaris 2002 2374061 "Rusty Shackleford" 

1998 Dk. Blue Volvo S70 T5 "Carlene"- 221k Miles 

I also have this red knob in the same location. The seller told me what it was, but i have since forgotten and cant get right to my car to tell ya.

Shenton

1909 Marion Bobcat

1956 Austin Healey 100-4 BN2

1970 BMW 2002 - 1674197 Parts Car

1973 BMW 2002 - 2585341 Driver

1993 Shannon RP- 93 SCCA Sports 2000

2006 31' Cape Horn (KielBASSea)

Jim, do you have any idea what shop you will use for the respray or are you going to spray it yourself. the reason I ask is that I'm restoring the wagon this year and I'm looing for a good but resonable priced shop.

Terry - I will ask the guy who painted my VW if he will take on the bodywork and paint that I cannot do.

Car has yet to be picked up in AZ :(

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"