• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what do you do that is non 02?

nbristow01

Man that is nice leatherwork. You do all of that by hand?

Yup. The pistol case is lined with sheepskin wool.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man that is nice leatherwork. You do all of that by hand?

Yup. The pistol case is lined with sheepskin wool.

Holy crap man that is nice stuff. Thing is these pieces you make will last generations. That is just fine work.

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

I run a kitchenware shop and cooking school called The Brooklyn Kitchen (www.thebrooklynkitchen.com)

also play with my Daily Driver a 1990 Vanagon with a Ford Engine.

have an almost 3 year old, she's my real pride and joy and project.

76 2002 Fjord Sunroof AC

90 VW Vanagon (Ford repowered)

and my daily commuter: a Bicycle!

I first started out buying all kinds of machinery and woods to become a luthier but found out i don't have the time for that so now I decided to get more involved and build a car lmao

but in my time apart from school and work, I have recently gotten very seriously into weight lifting/bodybuilding/nutrition.

Damn! Some really cool stuff on here! The ferraris, hot rods, leather, watches, etc, all very very cool! It's great that there's such a diverse talent pool on here and we all share the 02 passion.

I'm a custom woodworker/contractor/actor/host...it's a bit confusing.. My dad was a big developer growing up and I grew up learning how to build pretty much anything. I was a lucky kid, to say the least. My dad had 'the eye', and I've been told I may have gotten a teenie bit of it, too...:-). I've been working on breaking into the acting world for quite some time, with some success here and there. I also co host a TV show on HGTV that has been one heck of an experience! Craziness. Also some fun projects for some really big celebs that were just awesome to do... I guess I've been pretty blessed out here.. I'll see if I can post up some pics or links to me doing some TV stuff...kinda silly, I guess, but lots of fun..;-).

Great to be a part of this forum!

Stephen

I first started out buying all kinds of machinery and woods to become a luthier but found out i don't have the time for that so now I decided to get more involved and build a car lmao

but in my time apart from school and work, I have recently gotten very seriously into weight lifting/bodybuilding/nutrition.

I had a luthier that used to buy old clock springs from me. He said they were the perfect case scrapers when cut and sharpened

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

www.limeworksspeedshop.com is our web site.

Steve,

By chance has a guy named Allen Zolnekoff ever come into your store? He used to be the mayor of Whittier back in the days and a former coworker of mine. He has a rat rod too and I'm sure knowing Allen, he's probably visited every shop like yours in the local area.

Bob

Yes Bob Alan Z is a regular we have helped him on many projects including suspension set up on his 33 Ford Pick up , good guy but a bit quirky LOL

Cheers Paul, I love the Italian exotica, nothing like it , my 32 Ford Roadster runs an English Daimler Hemi V8 I built also with no info , they only made 1018 cars with the 4.5 V8 (Daimler Majestic Major) big ugly sedan Limo version used by The Royal Family no less :)

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Nick, one of these days I'll have to talk watches with you. I have a small selection of watches, some of which are from the 1930s - 1940s. There are two that I would like to wear more often, but were repaired poorly. I attached pictures of the two I like most. The Hamilton was sent to a repair shop along with a friend's watches. Much time went by and when we finally started pressing the guy, suddenly the watches were available. First time I set and wound it, the minute hand popped off. I know it's friction mount, but come on!

IMGP0406.jpg

IMGP0407.jpg

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

Nice Gruen!! I have a newer Gruen, but I've been looking to buy a nicer vintage one just to have.

As far as other hobbies, I play music. I played in a band for 6 years ("Defense Breaks Down" on Itunes), and most recently in November, played Marching Horn in this performance:

. Used to play tenor drums in high school.

-Matt

'68 Caribe 1600-1563167

Work- Have a Ph.D. in Food Science. Spent 28 years in the food processing industry and now work for a University.

Fun - Numismatist, and love music. Going to see the Moody Blues at the Fox Theater in Atlanta tonight and seeing Leo Kotkke for probably the 15th time when he is back here in Athens next Wednesday.

'71 02 - parts car with not many parts left

'73 02 - weekend toy and money pit

'74 04 - sold in '91

'03 325iT - for trips and bad weather

'03 50cc Honda Scooter - for my 2 mile commute

'06 50cc Honda scooter - wife's commuter

Nick, one of these days I'll have to talk watches with you. I have a small selection of watches, some of which are from the 1930s - 1940s. There are two that I would like to wear more often, but were repaired poorly. I attached pictures of the two I like most. The Hamilton was sent to a repair shop along with a friend's watches. Much time went by and when we finally started pressing the guy, suddenly the watches were available. First time I set and wound it, the minute hand popped off. I know it's friction mount, but come on!

IMGP0406.jpg

IMGP0407.jpg

I don't work on watches but sure love them. Vintage cars and vintage watches go together. I have owned a bunch over the years. I really like the Gruen Curvex series. The favorites I have owned were a very beautiful black dialed Gruen Curvex Drivers Watch and a Movado Calendomatic. I wear a really nice, patinad Duber Hamden now

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

House restoration and custom cabinetry. Spent the last 6, going on 7 years restoring our c.1780 home inside, out, up, down and sideways and adding a garage. Vernacular Maine layout, big house, little house, back house, barn, all attached. Took 5 years to paint the exterior (May-October).

post-17424-13667657755442_thumb.jpg

post-17424-13667657759304_thumb.jpg

post-17424-13667657761433_thumb.jpg

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40