• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what do you do that is non 02?

nbristow01

@BrentF: The boat house is outstanding! Prettiest boat house I have ever seen. Extra points for the "period correct" attention to detail.

@Adawil2002: If you were asking me if I made my own raised panels, yes I do. I have a shaper, in one of the pics, with all the pull out drawers in front of it.

My other hobby, besides the woodworking, is old cars of course!

I am on the cover of Hemming's Sport's and Exotic Cars magazine April of this year (current issue), along with a very nice write up about my Dino. :)

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,download/id,65784/

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,download/id,65783/

post-17424-13667657819339_thumb.jpg

post-17424-13667657821061_thumb.jpg

1970 Nevada 2002 Survivor

1975 Golf 2002 Project

1972 Atlantik 2002tii

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOVE that Porche..930? I don't know a lot about them but it's pretty

Thanks. It's an 84 3.2L 911 Targa. First year of the 3.2L engine. I like it too. I'm the second owner! But - the first owner didn't take the best care of it. It is definitely a garage queen now. The 930 was the Turbo that came out in 86/87 ish.

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

Please tell me you have a mahogany Hacker, Garwood or Chris Craft in that boathouse.

We drove through Algonquin Park and stayed in Parry Sound when we drove Vern home from Colorado. Lovely area, similar to where I live.

Yes, indeed, I have a 1947 Chris Craft that I bought when I was all of 22. Kept it ever since. It's stable mates in the boathouse are a 1983 22' Century Coronado with a Chrysler 440 inboard and a 1983 13' Boston Whaler with a 40 hp Yamaha.

Here's a picture of the Chris Craft parked at my dock just before I built the boathouse. In this photo you can see the structural steel that supports the perimeter walls of the boathouse that is connected and drilled into the bedrock (ie Canadian Shield) by 1/2" wall x 6" steel tubes filled with concrete to retard corrosion.

33tjgbt.jpg

I have a reasonably interesting collection of about 60 telephones from the 20s-50s. My grandfather worked at Indiana Bell from age 19 until retirement and that sparked my interest about 12 years ago. L to R: Automatic Electric, Leich, Western Electric. 2rcsuq1.jpg

Now thats COOL!!!!

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Please tell me you have a mahogany Hacker, Garwood or Chris Craft in that boathouse.

We drove through Algonquin Park and stayed in Parry Sound when we drove Vern home from Colorado. Lovely area, similar to where I live.

Yes, indeed, I have a 1947 Chris Craft that I bought when I was all of 22. Kept it ever since. It's stable mates in the boathouse are a 1983 22' Century Coronado with a Chrysler 440 inboard and a 1983 13' Boston Whaler with a 40 hp Yamaha.

Here's a picture of the Chris Craft parked at my dock just before I built the boathouse. In this photo you can see the structural steel that supports the perimeter walls of the boathouse that is connected and drilled into the bedrock (ie Canadian Shield) by 1/2" wall x 6" steel tubes filled with concrete to retard corrosion.

33tjgbt.jpg

I have read up that taking care of wood boats is almost an art form...what an incredible boat you have. Just takes you back in time when you drive it I bet

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Massage Therapist, when I am not occupied with Hunny Dews

Clyde Gates BMW CCA #19280

2009 Rav4 (wife's ride)

06 Toyota PU (Parts hauler)

89 325ic

75 2002 (parts)

74 2002 (Pigcheeks project)

73 2002 (auto to fi stick project)

70/75 2002 rolling

I have read up that taking care of wood boats is almost an art form...what an incredible boat you have. Just takes you back in time when you drive it I bet

The number one rule to owning a wooden boat is to store it in a boathouse to keep it from the elements. Sun is the real killer. Also wood boats need to soak at the start of the season for their hulls to become watertight. It takes at least three days for the wood to swell completely. Again, having a boathouse is key , as the boat needs to be suspended in the water to complete this swelling process, otherwise it will sink. I have power lifts in each of my three slips to raise and lower the boats from the water, with the touch of a button. That's a luxury that I lived without for a long time, and really appreciate the convenience it affords.

@UroTrash: Thanks! BTW: I love your Dino! A real classic.

Brent F

Beautiful Chris Craft, I've Been tempted several times to get one, here it would be like driving an '02 or E9 year round, salt's a killer of beauty. So instead I bought an E9.

UroTrash

Congrats on the magazine, that's very cool. I always get a thrill to see one of my cars in a magazine or catalog, usually in the background. 3.0CSi was in the Boden Men's catalog last summer. Vern and I have gotten mentions in the Roundel. Vern was also in the December Hemmings, which was a surprise.

Kidasters

What year is the Mini? Nice racing bike in the background, I use to race in high school.

Eastsidebimmer

Cool phones. Still have my Grandparents' original phone from 1948, it's like the center one in your picture.

post-19769-13667657842439_thumb.jpg

post-19769-13667657842732_thumb.jpg

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Kidasters

What year is the Mini? Nice racing bike in the background, I use to race in high school.

It's a 1972 Innocenti Mini Cooper 1300 that someone molested years ago and put a 998 in. I've got a 1275 block and head - but that's 2 projects down the road.

That bike is a hoot. It's a Bridgestone 450. CrMo frame. My father in law loves to ride it, so it's "his" bike. Old skool 10 speed.

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

.... It takes at least three days for the wood to swell completely. Again, having a boathouse is key , as the boat needs to be suspended in the water to complete this swelling process, otherwise it will sink.

That made me LOL....I've always loved wooden boats, especially after a trip to Amsterdam in 2000--if I ever am fortunate to own a gorgeous wooden boat, this post likely will have kept it from the bottom of a lake--thanks FAQ!

--> 1968 2002 <--

That looks like my Mom and her Boyfriend's Chris Craft

DSC_0096_2.jpg

DSC_0082_2.jpg

my daughter saying "Bompa Jeff? Are we gonna go faster?"

DSC_0083_2.jpg

My e30

IMG_0284.jpg

My 1959 Beechcraft Bonanza that I just sold.

DSC_0065_2.jpg

DSC_0009-4.jpg

On the way back burner... Bought it when I was 19.

DSC_0025.jpg

My Mom enjoying a beer in a wooden boat

lush-1.jpg

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Yes Bob Alan Z is a regular we have helped him on many projects including suspension set up on his 33 Ford Pick up , good guy but a bit quirky LOL

Oh yeah, AZ as we call him is quite a unique individual! AZ is definitely one of those guys who shares knowledge, definitely like that about him. I need to pay him a visit, he recently retired.

Being 16, and in the RTP, it's impossible to find a job. So I spend my time:

1) Composing trumpet music/piano music. I love taking old rock songs and re-writing the chords until they sound perfect. I've also come up with a few of my own.

2) repairing everything my family can manage to break. My sister's escape is coming home this summer for a trans swap, radio, speakers and probably more. I'll be acquiring a 221k volvo this summer if my brother buys a chevy cruze, I might swap a manual box into that. My dad breaks his Jeep weekly...it always comes home with a new noise to diagnose. Piece of crap.

3) writing. Laugh all you want, but I love to write poetry, I've always had a knack for it. Mostly stuff about nature.

4) Taking pictures! I love taking nature photos... I experiement with different cameras, exposures and what not and have taken many calendar worthy photos... including this one of Duke Gardens. I'm on the right.

CameraPictures085.jpg

And this one, taken in a field in MD: CameraPictures120.jpg

Basically, I'm always busy. I hate not being busy. Das me! :)

1974 Malaga 2002 4282899 "Little Red"

1976 Polaris 2002 2374061 "Rusty Shackleford" 

1998 Dk. Blue Volvo S70 T5 "Carlene"- 221k Miles