• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what do you do that is non 02?

nbristow01

That looks like my Mom and her Boyfriend's Chris Craft

DSC_0096_2.jpg

John

33tjgbt.jpg

John: You're right about that! Apart from the flags (and a few other details), there isn't much difference at all! This model of Chris Craft is referred to as a Dual cockpit forward Deluxe runabout.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Being 16, and in the RTP, it's impossible to find a job. So I spend my time:

1) Composing trumpet music/piano music. I love taking old rock songs and re-writing the chords until they sound perfect. I've also come up with a few of my own.

2) repairing everything my family can manage to break. My sister's escape is coming home this summer for a trans swap, radio, speakers and probably more. I'll be acquiring a 221k volvo this summer if my brother buys a chevy cruze, I might swap a manual box into that. My dad breaks his Jeep weekly...it always comes home with a new noise to diagnose. Piece of crap.

3) writing. Laugh all you want, but I love to write poetry, I've always had a knack for it. Mostly stuff about nature.

4) Taking pictures! I love taking nature photos... I experiement with different cameras, exposures and what not and have taken many calendar worthy photos... including this one of Duke Gardens. I'm on the right.

[

Basically, I'm always busy. I hate not being busy. Das me! :)

Quite an accomplished and busy 16y.o.! You will go very far in life! :)

1970 Nevada 2002 Survivor

1975 Golf 2002 Project

1972 Atlantik 2002tii

Those wooden boats are achingly beautiful.

Yea they are! If I lived on a lake, I would probably have one.

When my Wife, Jen first saw it, it was docked by a local (to them) restraunt and of course a bunch of people came down to see it. Jen asked me, "What type of boat is it? I mean, what's it for? Fishing?" As everyone looked at it I said "Look! it's doing its thing right now!"

John

DSC_0088_2.jpg

DSC_0081_2.jpg

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

My latest clock aquisition, picked up today from a small online auction house. Time to rebuild the movement

Lovely clock. Is it walnut? How old? Where made?

Case is walnut. rare to find one with the original top. Maker mark on back of movement indicates it is an early Junghans. Pre 1913 Junghans has a leaping deer maker mark, later ones (post 1913) have a J inside a star. Also it is a rear countwheel movement(similar to a french countwheel). Later movemenmts went to the snail and lever on front snout or nose. An early Junghans, especially a Swinger Glass Well such as this have much more value than he later marked clocks and more value than an open well

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Compete nationally in water skiing. My daughters have completed since they were 6. My oldest is ranked 75th in the world. Built a tournament lake on some property we bought in 2002. Hold 5-6 tournaments a year on the site.

Watch them gators!!

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Compete nationally in water skiing. My daughters have completed since they were 6. My oldest is ranked 75th in the world. Built a tournament lake on some property we bought in 2002. Hold 5-6 tournaments a year on the site.

Watch them gators!!

Nick - I grew up skiing in South Louisiana - gators don't bother me! If you fall, you don't splash around a lot. They think you're an injured animal. Otherwise, they leave you alone.

1976 Polaris

I homebrew (and drink) beer and ride bikes (alot of bikes, Road, Mountain, Cyclocross, Track), surfing once in awhile and some woodworking. I used to have alot of other hobbies but getting married and having a kid tends to pare down your list, mostly I do stuff now that keeps me closer to home.

I used to:

Do alot of deep sea fishing.

Boating (I used to own a boat and also did yacht deliveries to Cabo San Lucas and off-shore transfers)

Fly fishing (fresh and salt water)

Scuba Diving

Surf places other than my home break (camping on a beach in Mexico is not my wife's idea of a vacation)

74 Golf

Guest Anonymous
Case is walnut. rare to find one with the original top. Maker mark on back of movement indicates it is an early Junghans. Pre 1913 Junghans has a leaping deer maker mark, later ones (post 1913) have a J inside a star. Also it is a rear countwheel movement(similar to a french countwheel). Later movemenmts went to the snail and lever on front snout or nose. An early Junghans, especially a Swinger Glass Well such as this have much more value than he later marked clocks and more value than an open well

Impressive. How does it relate to 02's?

Read the title , what do you do that is NOT 02 :) some interesting & very talented people on here who happen to dig the little 02.

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Read the title , what do you do that is NOT 02 :) some interesting & very talented people on here who happen to dig the little 02.

No kidding, maybe these cars just attract very talented people! I am still intrigued with the boats and that vintage camping stuff.

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle