• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what do you do that is non 02?

nbristow01

Guest Anonymous
Read the title , what do you do that is NOT 02 :) some interesting & very talented people on here who happen to dig the little 02.

There is no denying that many 02'ers are extremely talented, many of their pursuits are interesting, and many of the pictures are quite pretty. Only point is that when the subject of an originating post is flagrantly not on topic, it more properly belongs in the Off Topic Forum. Most posters understand this while a few conveniently overlook it. ;)

Notice, for example, the thread that someone referenced here concerning "vocations" (it too started out in this forum before being moved) : http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,352290/

Not knocking talent, . . just sayin'.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

professionally, i work on movies- mainly post production and finishing.

one of the films i finished is premiering today:

http://theislandpresident.com/

the subject of the film is appearing on letterman tonight.

but i'm also a composer and animator.

and currently working on a stop motion film that's way too ambitious, and assisting phil tippett on his ambitious stop motion film.

r

i

I operate a lemonade stand and a dog walking service.

The stand is setup along a popular jogging trail. I offer the beverage free to women. I charge $20.00 per cup to others. No tax, no change.

Additionally, I borrow my neighbors dog and offer my dog walking services to the ladies here in my complex. My business card reads, " I just want to play with your puppies."

Just doing my part.

Well, up until I turned 18 I was a Boy Scout (Eagle) and did a lot of camping and canoeing. I did the Bowron circuit 3 times.

I repair lawn mowers and tractors as a hobby/side job. The sears is my old girl I've kept around for years. I do this with motorcycles and stuff as well. This was my prom dates Honda CB360T that I did some work on.

I did photography for my high school so I have 10's of 1000's of photos of High School events etc. The picture is of the U.S.S. Liberty's bell displayed at Liberty Senior High School where I went to school.

I do a lot of country dancing, not too awfully good but LOTS of fun!

I also work as a hired hand in the summers and right now during the school year I work for the OSU Surplus and Recycling guys.

So really when it comes down to it I do a lot of little stuff, no one specific hobby other than if it has an engine I probably can work on it.

1862_1055726359602_1419133471_158573_5564_n.jpg

1862_1056583221023_1419133471_160834_2992_n.jpg

IMG_1222.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

wow johnS thats steamer,I like others surf, grew up surfing redondo breakwall,and work spinning wrenches for a power gen company,I also have a part time gig as a capt of a 6pack fishing boat(2nd ticket stuff)

wow johnS thats steamer,I like others surf, grew up surfing redondo breakwall,and work spinning wrenches for a power gen company,I also have a part time gig as a capt of a 6pack fishing boat(2nd ticket stuff)

Man I have SoCal envy. I was stationed there for 4 years at San Onofre at Pendleton. I loved that place. Learned to SCUBA dive in Laguna...what a place

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

IMG_0373.jpg

Here are 2 cars we built, mine is the blue one (Daimler English Hemi powered , 4.5 liter V8) The maroon one is flathead Ford V8 powered , both original steel 1932 Ford bodies, pure Hot Rods.

In the Spring Sun .

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell