• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting ready to list and sell my 72 tii

pianoman

I've had the car in my driveway for some years...trying to figure out if it's a special interest vehicle or not. I believe it's a Euro (amber tail lights and RH turn signal lever). The engine, transmission and driveline have all been rebuilt / refurbished in 1990-1993 and at most 10K miles since then bringing total to ~120K. Engine runs strong and injection & pump seem o.k.

Mostly needs door restoration, paint, interior work. Have no idea how to price it or sell it; any suggestions? I tried Craig's list a few years ago but only hacks responded; no experience with eBay motors.

SN is 2761098

Thanks! -Eric-

I've had the car in my driveway for some years...trying to figure out if it's a special interest vehicle or not. I believe it's a Euro (amber tail lights and RH turn signal lever). The engine, transmission and driveline have all been rebuilt / refurbished in 1990-1993 and at most 10K miles since then bringing total to ~120K. Engine runs strong and injection & pump seem o.k.

Mostly needs door restoration, paint, interior work. Have no idea how to price it or sell it; any suggestions? I tried Craig's list a few years ago but only hacks responded; no experience with eBay motors.

SN is 2761098

Thanks! -Eric-

Post some pics

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

More gooder condition = more bigger dollars!

Glad to see you are starting to perfect the New Orleans dialect.

:)

Don

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

;-)

Check your email. Come to the brit car show tomorrow. Bring a drip pan!

;-)

Ray

More gooder condition = more bigger dollars!

Glad to see you are starting to perfect the New Orleans dialect.

:)

Don

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

;-)

Check your email. Come to the brit car show tomorrow. Bring a drip pan!

Brit car owners were 'green' long before it was fashionable. They are returning the oil back to the ground from which it came. Car owners several million years from now will thank us that we did our part to replenish the oil reserves.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Oh,

and on the subject of the tii. Yes, it is a desireable model, but condition is everything. If you are truthful about the car, and reasonable about the pricing, it should sell quickly in the right market.

Usually, the ones that are over-priced or not represented honestly will stay on the market for a long time until the right rube...er...buyer comes along.

Figure what your reasons are for selling. Are you looking to recoup a certain amount for the car? You may need to wait for the proper buyer or invest some time in the car- spend money to make money. Are you just looking to get it gone? Price it right, it will go, and you will be done.

Pictures.

Where are you at? There is probably a FAQer near you that could personally help with the valueation of the car.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes