• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got my son his 1976 2002 today!!

nbristow01

My son's first car was a '74 '02. He had it and worked on it for about a year before he had his first driver's license. Shortly after he got his license we took him to a BMW CCA drivers school @ Firebird Raceway in Phoenix, where his instructor was Bill Bentzen, one of CCA's more successful club racers.

He sold that after 3-4 yrs., and has since progressed thru a '92 525i, a 2000 328i, a 2002 Dinan S2 M3, and his current DD is a 2003½ M3 while he completes the ground-up resto on a beautiful '89 E30 M3. He is also the current President of the Sonora chapter of the BMW CCA. To say BMWs are in his blood would be an understatement. We've also been fortunate enough to have toured the factory Werk in Munich, as well as the Museum.

Good luck to your son, and I highly recommend a good driver's school for him as soon as possible.

Bob Napier

post-144-13667657805194_thumb.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice! Looks like a good starting point! I wish I could get out to MidAmerica this year but being a poor college freshman it'll have to wait :P Best of luck to you and your son on the new 02!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Your son is a lucky one! I'm 16 and my 02 is in a quite poor way... IMG_1181.jpg

Hopefully he won't find too many surprises repainting the car. Polaris is a beautiful color.

1974 Malaga 2002 4282899 "Little Red"

1976 Polaris 2002 2374061 "Rusty Shackleford" 

1998 Dk. Blue Volvo S70 T5 "Carlene"- 221k Miles 

Looks great Nick! I'm with Justin.... Time for a meetup at your place!

Sounds good to me!! I have a big pool too. Bring beer, swin suit, beer, wrenches, beer, anyone have spare struts?

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Look forward to meet the Bristows2 at MidAmerica

Great way to show tradition to your kiddo's. The Ultimate Driving Machine at 17....hmmmm that's how I started and still hooked on those boxy bavarian rides.

Well done

JP

008-2.jpg

Mine has always smelled fine with the vent hose tapped into the carburetor intake...Never had a problem with this setup.

where did you plug into the carb intake Colin - just curious because I need to reroute mine as well. ty

1970 Agave work in progress

Born on May 14 1970 and delivered May 19th 1970 to NYC to Hoffman Motor Corp. Agave code 071

new guy

help appreciated!

other cars: 1991 318is / 1999 540iT

008-2.jpg

Mine has always smelled fine with the vent hose tapped into the carburetor intake...Never had a problem with this setup.

where did you plug into the carb intake Colin - just curious because I need to reroute mine as well. ty

On mine there was a little cutout on the bottom of the air cleaner housing... It has a little plastic elbow that screws in when you drill that cutout out, then attach a hose. I'll remove it to show you what I mean when I get home :)

1974 Malaga 2002 4282899 "Little Red"

1976 Polaris 2002 2374061 "Rusty Shackleford" 

1998 Dk. Blue Volvo S70 T5 "Carlene"- 221k Miles 

Nice work!

My parents (Dad) bought me my 73' almost 14 years ago (in July) when I was 16. That car has influenced a lot in my life, inspired a lot of DIY projects, design, manufacturing all of that good stuff.

I hope he enjoys and loves it! I can't get rid of mine, and am having a son (due this week), so we will see if I can give it to him when he is 16.

-Bryan

red73

73' 2002 "red"

66' 2 Door Cortina GT

http://mk1cortinasearch.blogspot.com/