• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wierd Electrical Issues

aerowise

I just installed a new/used headlight switch and alls well there. Now different things keep going out. My cig lighter I use for power only works occasionaly, ever other plug in. Today my blinkers stopped working, then later I started the car and they work fine. Then later the same day my windshield wipers won't go on, and still don't work. Any ideas on what the issue is? Thanks

2002 to 2112! What a Rush!-- '74 2002 - '91 Saab 900

if everything else worked 100% fine before the headlight switch install, i would go back and re-examine your switch install. always start with the ground first. that is, did you ground it against bare metal? did you share the ground with some other switch? if yes, did you make sure its tightened down?

I cleaned all the fuses, put a few new ones in, found a loose ground wire, fixed it, put some 16amp fuses where there was 8amp fuses and vis/verse, now everything works great! Even my cig lighter for power that was only working sometimes works great! AMAZING what a little housekeeping can do! Things I thought were insignificant turned out to be significant. Thanks for all the advice!!!

HaPpY 2002 MoToRiNg!!!

2002 to 2112! What a Rush!-- '74 2002 - '91 Saab 900