• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cover needed for my 2002!

I think you'd do better without a cover, if you expect it to get wet...

t

I agree. A cover will hold the moisture against your car from precipitation and make it rust like crazy. Covers are good for indoors only.

1974 Malaga 2002 4282899 "Little Red"

1976 Polaris 2002 2374061 "Rusty Shackleford" 

1998 Dk. Blue Volvo S70 T5 "Carlene"- 221k Miles 

I usually use a tarp underneath a cheap (Budge) car cover. But I agree, if it rains for a few days straight you have to dry out any trapped moisture. I believe I got mine at K-mart for $25, and it fit perfectly, never came off in a storm. If I recall correctly, I also got a size smaller than recommended.

1976 2002 - sold

1983 320i - sold

1986 325e - sold

My car is stored outside 365 days a year. Usually it has a cover on it, but after rain, I remove the cover pretty promptly to dry the car off so as not to trap moisture in there. I must be honest and say I was pretty disapointed with the BavAuto "Ultimate" cover. After less than a year the elastic around the bottom had lost all elasticity, and certain parts of the fabric seemed to lose water repelling ability very quickly. I called BavAuto, but since I did not have my receipt (admittedly my fault) they would do nothing for me. In my opinion, it was not a very good cover for the $160 or so I spent on it.

The one I have is a breathable covercraft thru Napa auto Bk 730-3977 and its about $200.00. Fits perfectly, never had it blow off. I leave my car outside 365 as well, under a redwood tree (yuk)...

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special