• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are wheel arch guards worth?

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

These just came off of my 1976 Polaris; they look to be in...eh...decent shape for being 36 years old. Dent needs to be pushed out and they need to be polished... a little TLC would have them looking decent. Definitely not anything worthy of a concours car.

Let me know, I'm trying to decide on a fair price for BMWnKTM.

1974 Malaga 2002 4282899 "Little Red"

1976 Polaris 2002 2374061 "Rusty Shackleford" 

1998 Dk. Blue Volvo S70 T5 "Carlene"- 221k Miles 

True. Then again, what do you expect from a 36 year old 1976 that is now rotting into the earth? :P Finding decent ones has got to be a hard job, the chrome for these puppies is becoming scarce.

True. Then again, what do you expect from a 36 year old 1976 that is now rotting into the earth? :P Finding decent ones has got to be a hard job, the chrome for these puppies is becoming scarce.

would you prefer that we exaggerate to make you feel better....

i agree they are rare and stuff for our cars is getting more rare by the day but they do occasionally come up on ebay and other sites, although rare, they aren't impossible to find...i gave my thoughts on price...others may agree or disagree

would you prefer that we exaggerate to make you feel better....

i agree they are rare and stuff for our cars is getting more rare by the day but they do occasionally come up on ebay and other sites, although rare, they aren't impossible to find...i gave my thoughts on price...others may agree or disagree

Sorry, Esty. Now that I think about it what you said makes perfect sense. I wasn't going against you or anything; I'm just in a really irate mood from doing body work all day and discovering hidden rust. Nothing personal :P

Are these stainless steel? The car they came off of is a rustbucket, looks like rustwater got on the back sides of them maybe. Is that a cause for concern?

P.S. thanks for your honest opinion =] I appreciate it.

This frequent seller/parts hero on ebay has listed a show quality set several times and has not been able to attract a decent bid. I'm with esty..for the price to refurb and polish, your set is not worth too much "as-is" - more of a comical novelty item for a daily driver. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-1600-2002-Tii-Stone-Chip-Guards-/360441531721

$(KGrHqNHJ!8E8e0WdnwTBPM1Hw!org~~60_58.JPG

--> 1968 2002 <--

Well thank you! So like $55 would be a decent price for these?

I didn't know they were somewhat readily available. I never really liked the look of them. Lots of interesting parts I have, between that and my factory MAHLE 2002 Bottlecaps that came on my 74 :)

I've already got some interest from a fellow 16 year old 02'er, BMWnKTM... They will look sweet on his pastellblau. He plans to shine them up. There's only 1 dent in them, anyway, very minor... They just need a goooood polish :P

Looking like we're gonna settle on about $50+S&H

I've already got some interest from a fellow 16 year old 02'er, BMWnKTM... They will look sweet on his pastellblau. He plans to shine them up. There's only 1 dent in them, anyway, very minor... They just need a goooood polish :P

Looking like we're gonna settle on about $50+S&H

oh yeah, handling fee is important. don't want anymore dents to crop up!

;)

those little fender bling items are great for trapping moisture and grit; just look at the staining on the underside.

not to mention that you have to bend the tabs against your painted fender to hold in place. i'd want to seal up the cavity somehow.

they look best on your coffee table.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Lol yeah, the car they came off rotted out, especially underneath these. I think they look really stupid, but other people like em so what the hay.

the knee-level side mouldings, and yes, they're stainless steel so can be cleaned up and polished to look quite nice.

The installation trick is to cut a thin sheet of rubber to back 'em up and seal the space between the trim and the body, and keep the clips from chipping the paint.

That said, I have a pair of NOS ones in my parts stash that I've never gotten around to installing on my early '69--maybe someday when I quit driving it on a regular basis--and no I'm not ready to get rid of 'em...yet.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite