• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need some assistance

jayamasaki

I am looking at realoem for part #'s for my 68 1600. it was built between Sep to Dec of `67 according to the vin 1560238. Do I really need to know the specific month it was built to find the correct part # ? trying to take advantage of Bluntech's awesome sale but i need part #'s for below...

thank you in advance.

all four wheel bearings (front & rear)

All four brakes including rotors/pads & drum/shoes/piston rebuild kit

*i need to replace the bleeders as well for all four sides

drive shaft drop down bearing

rear axle rebuild kit for both left and right axles

*i have a long diff, with the clear boot and ujoints at either end. Not the cv-joint with the ball bearings

oil filter (if you stock those)

air filter (if you stock those)

fuel filter

thermostat

1968 BMW 1600 Chmnx White

1976 2002 Parts car

2003 f150

60% of the time, it works every time!

should not matter too much, did you check the month of production on the door jamb?

No i have not, i'll take a gander today. thank you for your input.

1976 2002 Parts car

2003 f150

should not matter too much, did you check the month of production on the door jamb?

My 68 '02 doesn't have a door jamb sticker but my 71 does. When did they start using them officially?

Ben

Good question, does your 68 have a data plate instead of a sticker? both my cars have data stickers, but they are both square lights.

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special

use pretty standard US spec parts. The changeover from "first series" to "second series" 1968s (and the same for '69s) occurred on 1 Jan of 1968 and 1969, when new Federal safety and emission standards took effect. Thus yours is a "first series" car.

Just quote the VIN and you shouldn't have any problems.

BTW, does it have the embossed front hood trim piece?

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

use pretty standard US spec parts. The changeover from "first series" to "second series" 1968s (and the same for '69s) occurred on 1 Jan of 1968 and 1969, when new Federal safety and emission standards took effect. Thus yours is a "first series" car.

Just quote the VIN and you shouldn't have any problems.

BTW, does it have the embossed front hood trim piece?

cheers

mike

yes it does, and the chrome trim on the dash.

I just dont want to order the wrong part # I.E. like the rear brake shoes has like 3 part #'s the shoe itself, the rivets, and the half moon where the shoe pad mounts to. confusing for me, i dont know too much about ordering part #'s and such.

1976 2002 Parts car

2003 f150