• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green with tan interior roundie for sale...

pcassidy

Alright, this is me getting off my butt. You all know what they look like, and I can't get good pics until I clean my car up and roll her forward a bit. I will do that this weekend. This car is in Everett, WA which is North of Seattle. I have a target price that I think is very fair, and the first person to show up with cash for that will take it. Not trying to get back what I paid for the car and tranny, but also not trying to just unload the car. I would like it to go to a good home.

Here is my sales pitch, pictures will follow after the weekend...

If the plan for this car had gone as envisioned, it would have been something I could chip away at while enjoying driving it. The brick wall I ran into was the "common and easy" swap to a 5-speed transmission. When the 5-speed transmission didn't line up in the tunnel perfectly, I spent many hours under the car trying to determine why and trying to determine the best, right fix for it. I didn't believe it was to put the old 4-speed back in. I didn't believe it was to preload the rubber mounts and force it into place. I felt that new, custom engine mounts moving the whole engine an inch were the right way to go. If I wasn't going to do it right, I wasn't going to do it.

And there it sat.

Part of the problem was not having a garage or even a nice driveway to work on it. Regardless, even the frustration I felt over what the car needed did not stop me from smiling every time I looked at the car… but now I don't even look at it.

I have to recognize that my life has changed, my desire is changed, and I am not going to do anything with the car. I am not going to do ANY car project, probably not until I am retired. I need to get the car out of my driveway to make room for a dumpster so I can do some serious work to my house. While I am getting into a new house with a garage (FINALLY), the work to my current house and the new house are going to take all my time and money and ambition and love for the near future.

I would love to see this car go to someone in the Seattle area. The car is very solid and completely worthy of a full restoration. I wouldn't trust the engine without at least a rebuild on the carb, and I would say you should rebuild the motor or find one you feel good about. It comes with the 4-speed and a 5-speed transmission. It will still need a drive shaft for the 5-speed (you all know what this entails). I have a new Guibo joint and a new clutch pack for the 5-speed.

1973 BMW 2002

I'll say "best offer" at or above my unstated minimum by the end of the weekend, but a bid and delivery of $2,500 shuts the bidding down. I feel the car is easily worth this, even given the fact it isn't running, but this isn't my minimum. Take a chance and put a bid in and you might have a car on Monday. Or, you might miss out.

You'd be lucky to track down the 5-speed for less than $300. I also have a pair (two, not four) of new Bridgestone tires that came my way for free that will come with the car. There is an electric fan and a new, but dinged, radiator that was what one of the how-to swaps called out. The clutch linkage is cut for the 5-speed, but not welded back together. The trunk is not rusted, and neither is the pedal area. Dash is split like nearly all of them. I also took the wiper mechanism apart, bought new components for them (can't remember details), and had the whole linkage plated. Not put back together yet.

I know… the pictures at least are needed. I am available late Saturday (after 3pm) and all day Sunday for anyone who wants to come to Everett to look/buy. I hope to be cleaning the car up starting at 3pm Saturday. Maybe get pictures up Saturday evening.

1973 BMW 2002

I am not trying to make anyone feel bad, but I saw the silver '70 that is in CT... rust-wise, mine is 1000x better, and he bought that for $2300. I would much rather deal with engine than rust. I'm sorry if comparing to someone else's car is rude. Not my intention. I am always unsure if I am out of line, and this shows I am not.

1973 BMW 2002

More often than not, when I question if I am out of line or not, I usually am...

No pictures is making this a hard project to swallow. Im getting good offers because there is nothing to hide, except that I paid too much, which I admit.

Shenton

1909 Marion Bobcat

1956 Austin Healey 100-4 BN2

1970 BMW 2002 - 1674197 Parts Car

1973 BMW 2002 - 2585341 Driver

1993 Shannon RP- 93 SCCA Sports 2000

2006 31' Cape Horn (KielBASSea)