• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rubbing sway bar

Zorac

my front sway bar rubs very lightly on my nose, i know the nose was replaced by the po (the shop that did the work did a great job, no other issues, and is very reputable), short of pulling it off and remounting, i suppose ill just have to live with the light rub unless someone else has a better idea. engine it out (but hopefully back in the next month), so if im going to do something, now is the time...

post-20069-13667658035104_thumb.jpg

Looks like an early IE bar (prior to rerouting under the subframe). Out of curiosity how do your endlinks look?

Didn't look, next time I'm working on it I'll grab a pick if i remember. I do know the sway bars were installed in June, 2002.

Didn't look, next time I'm working on it I'll grab a pick if i remember. I do know the sway bars were installed in June, 2002.

Just got a history lesson from Jeremy. The early IE bar did not come out that far, it was more gradual and had a V-bend in the middle. Apparently that looks to be an early ST setup.

Looks like my ST bar. Just bend the lip forward a bit, I've had to to it on my 02 with no issues.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2