• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 2002 for sale in Chicago area

BMWGUS

I have a 76 2002 for sale this car is 95% rust free ,originally a california car I have the copy of the original registration from California also hat i believe is a full service history of the car since new there is a folder 2 inch thick full with receipt and other info on the car also I have all the original keys for the car with the period Bmw key fob.The car also have the original owners manual and the us version owners manual supplement and two Bmw service booklets total of four books.The body of the car is 95% rust free the only rust on the car is on the drivers rear wheel well there is some bubbling that is about 3x2 square inch and then 3-4 spots of bubbling on the drivers door and drivers fender about the size of a quarter.The underbody of the car is spotless not a speck of rust anywhere it is rock solid the only repair I saw it is on the spare wheel well.The paint is faded and it was repainted few years ago and it was a poor job so it needs a paint job.The original color was sand beige. The interior is nice condition but the two front seats were swapped out and they are not Bmw seats they do work great. The car mechanically is in very good condition in the last year a lot of updates had been done to the car like new shocks all around new brakes all around including new rotors new calipers and pads and new shoes , new balljoints and bushings also new motor mounts and transmission also new clutch and brand new Bosal muffler . The rims were repainted and five new Continental tires installed. The engine runs great absolutely no smoking and no leaks starts easy and runs great I installed ne Pertronix ignition and new wire set also I have a new set of points ,capacitor and new plugs in the glove box just in case.I am driving the car almost daily to and from work which is 50 miles round trip with highway driving ,driving the car with 70-80 miles it is nice and smooth but a little noisy compared to my newer BMW's .The battery has been moved to the trunk and the car has front and rear shock tower braces the front one is installed the rear is not but comes with the car also I have some spares that come with the car.If interested I can take pictures of any area of the car you wish.You are welcome to come and inspect the car I can put it on the lift for you for close inspection. [/img]

email to bmwgus66@att.net or call /text to 847/209/5924

I have a 76 2002 for sale this car is 95% rust free ,originally a california car I have the copy of the original registration from California also hat i believe is a full service history of the car since new there is a folder 2 inch thick full with receipt and other info on the car also I have all the original keys for the car with the period Bmw key fob.The car also have the original owners manual and the us version owners manual supplement and two Bmw service booklets total of four books.The body of the car is 95% rust free the only rust on the car is on the drivers rear wheel well there is some bubbling that is about 3x2 square inch and then 3-4 spots of bubbling on the drivers door and drivers fender about the size of a quarter.The underbody of the car is spotless not a speck of rust anywhere it is rock solid the only repair I saw it is on the spare wheel well.The paint is faded and it was repainted few years ago and it was a poor job so it needs a paint job.The original color was sand beige. The interior is nice condition but the two front seats were swapped out and they are not Bmw seats they do work great. The car mechanically is in very good condition in the last year a lot of updates had been done to the car like new shocks all around new brakes all around including new rotors new calipers and pads and new shoes , new balljoints and bushings also new motor mounts and transmission also new clutch and brand new Bosal muffler . The rims were repainted and five new Continental tires installed. The engine runs great absolutely no smoking and no leaks starts easy and runs great I installed ne Pertronix ignition and new wire set also I have a new set of points ,capacitor and new plugs in the glove box just in case.I am driving the car almost daily to and from work which is 50 miles round trip with highway driving ,driving the car with 70-80 miles it is nice and smooth but a little noisy compared to my newer BMW's .The battery has been moved to the trunk and the car has front and rear shock tower braces the front one is installed the rear is not but comes with the car also I have some spares that come with the car.If interested I can take pictures of any area of the car you wish.You are welcome to come and inspect the car I can put it on the lift for you for close inspection. [/img]

dude...how do you expect to sell an o2 without a ton of pictures....

anyone inclined to bite has no way of contacting you...i did a quick search for a telephone number and there is no listing for BMWGUS in chicago or the surrounding areas

Guest Anonymous

Is this your car:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/2932744498.html

Up for sale is my 76 2002 BMW the car is in very good condition with rock solid body and great running condition,plus service records since new with a copy of the registration of the original owner in California, yes was a California car!The car has new shocks,brakes including new rotors pads and calipers also new balljoints and bushings ,new motor mounts an transmission mounts.the car runs great I am driving it every day.

The car needs a paint job it is faded. Also it has five new tires! I

The price is negotiable in person .

Call or text if interested. 847/209/5924

Is there an easy way to identify whether a 1976 (or other year) 2002 has

the California emissions equipment on it? (Pictures would help - I'm not at all

familiar with BMW's or with what the equipment looks like if told the names of

the parts). I'm looking for an older BMW in my area (Seattle), so there's

about an even chance that it could have (or once had) Calif emissions equipment.

Thanks. (If you want to start another thread to avoid hijacking this one...

which I guess I have done already (sorry)... that would probably be better).

I'm sort of asking in general... I went back and edited my post to be less specific. I really like the 2002, and the early 3 series, but know little about them. I have been reading the FAQ section - especially "how to buy".

This one is the right color...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2929645872.html

To do this...

http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/BMW/88_BMW_E30_M3_Gulf-DV_07-BR_09.jpg

I'm assuming that the list of services performed on the car since new included replacement of the front clip, since the car in the photos has an old style nose and grill. Were the fenders also replaced? Are there wrinkles in the frame rails from a front impact?

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

I'm assuming that the list of services performed on the car since new included replacement of the front clip, since the car in the photos has an old style nose and grill. Were the fenders also replaced? Are there wrinkles in the frame rails from a front impact?

Would I be correct in thinking that you can't swap just the grille trim between pre and post 73 cars, without changing some sheetmetal too? This is great information I'd just like to make sure I understood.

I checked the car and there is no damage at all on the frame rails does not even look like there was any body work on the front of the car at all ,but I would be more than happy to take pictures and send it to you for your expert opinion.also I did not look at the receipts but I will look tru them to see if I can find anything.

Thanks

Gus

Would I be correct in thinking that you can't swap just the grille trim between pre and post 73 cars, without changing some sheetmetal too? This is great information I'd just like to make sure I understood.

The old style grills don't fit in the new style front fascias. I asked about the wrinkles in the frame rails because the first 2002 that I purchased had an old style front fascia with a modified set of new style grills--the previous owner modified them by simply cutting the newer plastic grills to fit the openings, and zip tying them in place. On further inspection, I found slightly bent front frame rails.

The front fascia tends to rust, so replacement doesn't imply a front impact, but it begs a detailed review of the fenders and frame rails. If the frame rails are wrinkled, bent or twisted, or were in that state and simply straightened, the structural integrity of the front end of the car is in jeopardy. So it's a safety issue as much as anything else.

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”