• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My "ugly" Sahara with FIVE new wheels

Grover

With all the talk lately of Sahara being such an "ugly" color, decided it was an appopriate time to take some photos of my car with it's new wheels. I've been running 15" Superlights for a few years, and decided to mix it up at least for a little while with some steelies. While at it I also put on a nice Momo Prototipo steering wheel. Thanks to Blunt for the parts, of course. Agreed that Sahara is subtle and perhaps not as exciting as an Inka or something, but it has really grown on me over the years.

Grover2.jpg

Grover1.jpg

Grover3.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i like the sahara. yours looks damn near perfect to me

carry on fine sir

EDIT:

wondering if there was ever a "whats the best 2002 color" thread?

i like most of them, red being my least favorite and white being my most favorite.

i had no choice on my 02 which is siennabraun aka crap brown =)

12 BMW 135i + 76 BMW 2002

Sahara rocks.

Had to convince a friend of mine to repaint his 74tii sahara. Its looks beautiful when its fresh.

Had a '75 parts car in sahara. I almost restored that car, but it was too far gone for my budget at the time.

Looks like Grover had a similar experience.

post-2154-13667658454457_thumb.jpg

But what do I know

Hey Grover,

What make and year are the steelies from? I have been looking for a set in 4x100 for my car. Scion ? Honda? VW?

Those look like E30 steelies. If you want 15's, look for VW Corrado wheels. I've got them on my car.

IMGP0400.jpg

(Painted black; they come dull silver.)

Edited to add: love your Prototipo. It really is a great wheel. I've got the same wheel (with a generic roundel horn button). Plus, your stance is fantastic. Love a lowered car with steelies.

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

Hey Grover,

What make and year are the steelies from? I have been looking for a set in 4x100 for my car. Scion ? Honda? VW?

Those look like E30 steelies. If you want 15's, look for VW Corrado wheels. I've got them on my car.

IMGP0400.jpg

(Painted black; they come dull silver.)

Thanks Chamonix72

I think I want to stick with 14" for now. Any ideas on make/model/year streelies on Grovers Sahara? E30's eh? What year would you say?