• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mid America event in Eureka Springs just 3 weeks away!!!

randerson

With the Mid America event in Eureka Springs Arkansas just 3 weeks away

I am planning my weekend.

1. Clean the interior

2. Wash and wax

3. Clean the engine bay

4. Change the oil and check all fluids

5. Check all lights

6. Check for any leaks

7. Put together a spare parts box for the trip, guibo and bolts, misc bolts, bulbs, hoses, belts, alternater, fuel filters, plug wire, coil, KF belt, spark plug, exhaust hanger donut, electric connections and tape, jack, tool bag

and a clothes hanger.

Most people would have put beer cooler at the top of the list, but I don't take it out of the car.

See you there, Randy

L

A selection of highly useful tools for delicate work on older BMWs. One can never have too many hammers, the original multi-tool. The pipe wrench is actually good for undoing the stock insert retainer on the front struts. Stuff in the middle is BMW Special Tool #1, the most essential and useful tool for any BMW. Below is the Mighty 8" Bahco 31, originally found in Volvo tool kits. The forked end is serrated and good for stripped nuts.

Earl

74 02Lux

72 Volvo 1800ES

02 BMW M Roadster

post-5786-13667658483339_thumb.jpg

post-5786-13667658484459_thumb.jpg

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

Randy,

Don't forget a spare distributor. That's what sunk me at last year's event.

Unfortunately cannot make it this year.

Have fun.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Hello Les,

Sorry you and your better half aren't going to make it. We will have a beer and make a toast to your good health.

Will you be at the Vintage?

Take Care, Randy

Won't make that one either. I'm currently in China and not due back for R & R until early June.

I may have to see about a west coast event later in the year. Haven't been to one there yet.

I too will drink a beer (or three).

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Heading down for my first '02 Fest. Got my room at the host hotel and am getting my '70 ready for the trip down from Lincoln Nebraska. Heading down Thursday around noon to arrive after dinner. Going to use most of Friday to drive some local roads and clean the car for the evening festivities. Really looking forward to attending and seeing some other 2002's, and meeting other owners.

Thanks for posting this reminder....time is going quicker than than I realized. Still have a few items to finish on my list to make the car more reliable. Hope to meet many of you at the event.

D. Jeff Gomon   -  1970 BMW 2002  -  1972 BMW 2002tii
1991 BMW ///M5  -  2005 BMW 330Ci (ZHP)

2018 BMW X5 Diesel  -  2021 BMW ///M2 Competition

The MidAm 02 Fest store is now open. We have caps, polos, sweatshirts, and the event t-shirts (short and long sleeve).

Go to www.midamerica02fest.com sign-in and place order. Pay and pick up at the event. Please preorder so we will know how many items to have produced.

If you aren't going to make it to Eureka Springs - place an order and we will put it in the mail.

With the Mid America event in Eureka Springs Arkansas just 3 weeks away

I am planning my weekend.

1. Clean the interior

2. Wash and wax

3. Clean the engine bay

4. Change the oil and check all fluids

5. Check all lights

6. Check for any leaks

7. Put together a spare parts box for the trip, guibo and bolts, misc bolts, bulbs, hoses, belts, alternater, fuel filters, plug wire, coil, KF belt, spark plug, exhaust hanger donut, electric connections and tape, jack, tool bag

and a clothes hanger.

Most people would have put beer cooler at the top of the list, but I don't take it out of the car.

See you there, Randy

L

Randy, your car is never dirty enough to need all that attention. See you there!

70 M2 2.5L 

Looking forward to it Randy and Skip...

Repairs are incomplete so I may patch up my existing setup to try to make it or if that fails I'll come sans 2002. I just ran out of time with work and a 4 year old...

Really looking forward to meeting you Kris, and making some new 02 friends!

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...

this has to be my dream gathering. wish me happy birthday from the backroads of eureka springs (april 28) or from the thorncrown chapel (married my wife there in sept 08)! one day, we will join you!

matt

FAQ member #4044

Best Dang 02 Event in the Country Our caravan is packing as we speak and heading west soon. Parts? We don't need no stinking parts! Yea right, we almost need a trailer to carry all the stuff. But a fun time we will had. Yall come on down now

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket